• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

Our deepest apologies; here is the place you should then look to be impressed:

I’m well aware of that particular thread. If you were you’d know recommending it is hilarious. As I post nearly all my modern newsstands in there. You should give it a look see. 

I wasn’t trying to take away from anyones books, which I’d love to have in my collection. Beautiful copies and a relatively low print run. Add in the first appearance of a up and coming female Latina super hero. Great cover as well. 

I was only commenting on this thread about preferring newsstand editions of those because key modern newsstands are selling for record prices. 

If given a choice I’m sure you’d prefer they were newsstands as well. Whether your neutral, for or against them they’re on FIRE!! 

Edited by Corona smith

All 2nd, 3rd, 4th print Marvels

I know most people won’t like the news as some say anything but a 1st print is junk.

I felt that way at one time but I’ve come to realize how much harder these prints are to find of normally common books.

the same trend that has been affecting Marvel point 1 2nd printings has been going on around the board.

Books like Ms. Marvel 2nd 3rd 4th, Spider Gwen 2nd and 3rd Thor Jane Foster 3rd and 4th

All these books a selling for 2x or more there 1st print counterparts 

some are impossible to even find like Ms  Marvel 5th print yellow border

FBCC5000-BF36-4EB8-9B40-EF1F765D1855.png

2799AB54-1750-49B2-8C9A-FAEBA233B846.png

717BAB6E-623F-4D42-AAC5-93FA6BB1FCB3.png

56 minutes ago, Corona smith said:
2 hours ago, manetteska said:

Our deepest apologies; here is the place you should then look to be impressed:

I’m well aware of that particular thread. If you were you’d know recommending it is hilarious. As I post nearly all my modern newsstands in there. You should give it a look see. 

I wasn’t trying to take away from anyones books, which I’d love to have in my collection. Beautiful copies and a relatively low print run. Add in the first appearance of a up and coming female Latina super hero. Great cover as well. 

I was only commenting on this thread about preferring newsstand editions of those because key modern newsstands are selling for record prices. 

If given a choice I’m sure you’d prefer they were newsstands as well. Whether your neutral, for or against them they’re on FIRE!! 

Yep, I see you post random newsstands there all the time; that is why I was so surprised you didn't know about it.

8 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Yep, I see you post random newsstands there all the time; that is why I was so surprised you didn't know about it.

So, I’m guessing what you mean is to post about newsstands over there and not here? 

9 hours ago, Key Largo Comics said:

Time to let one of these go?

vengeance1cgc9.8Anew.jpg

vengeance1cgc9.8Bnew.jpg

Easiest "no".... All the guys who sold their copies of Clone Wars 1 and Ultimate fallout 4 in the first wave of heat are kicking themselves. If I had those 9.8s.. I would wait for scorching sweltering heat.. right now the pan is only simmering 

Most shop owners I know won't order later printings unless subscribers pre-order them or if their first printings completely sell out. Their rationale is why order the later printing when I still have first printings sitting on the shelf. Low solicitation doesn't make them rare in and of itself because the Distributors may still have them in quantity. It just means they are not out for distribution in most LCS. That's how all those ANMPO  #1 2nd prints ended up at a place like Five Below and some second and third printings Marvel & DC comics end up in packs at Walmart. I'm not sure how long it will take for Retailers to figure out there is some demand for the later printings.

1 hour ago, kairos70 said:

Most shop owners I know won't order later printings unless subscribers pre-order them or if their first printings completely sell out. Their rationale is why order the later printing when I still have first printings sitting on the shelf. Low solicitation doesn't make them rare in and of itself because the Distributors may still have them in quantity. It just means they are not out for distribution in most LCS. That's how all those ANMPO  #1 2nd prints ended up at a place like Five Below and some second and third printings Marvel & DC comics end up in packs at Walmart. I'm not sure how long it will take for Retailers to figure out there is some demand for the later printings.

Key word “may” so we do not know how many copies are out there though we do know it’s below 5000.

Maybe well below 5000

see what I just did there...key word maybe

If demand is high and affordable copies are all bought up that leaves an inflated price.

I don’t really know what my post is about just as I don’t know what yours is about.

I think maybe to discredit the printings being rare...I did it again 

maybe/may means nothing

there harder to find right now and that’s all we really know

Edited by Shoomanfoo

23 minutes ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Key word “may” so we do not know how many copies are out there though we do know it’s below 5000.

Maybe well below 5000

see what I just did there...key word maybe

If demand is high and affordable copies are all bought up that leaves an inflated price.

I don’t really know what my post is about just as I don’t know what yours is about.

I think maybe to discredit the printings being rare...I did it again 

maybe/may means nothing

there harder to find right now and that’s all we really know

No mystery nor discredit. The later printings are harder to find for the average collector because of the low solicitation. That refers to collectors who solely depend on Retailers to put them on the shelves for distribution. If the number of copies doesn't satisfy the demand then collectors go to online retailers for those later printings. That's the explanation plain and simple. If retailers all of sudden begin to up their orders for later printings then the supply will eventually meet the perceived demand. Currently, those later printing issues that are under-ordered are seeing demand-shift price increases.

5 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

All 2nd, 3rd, 4th print Marvels

I know most people won’t like the news as some say anything but a 1st print is junk.

I felt that way at one time but I’ve come to realize how much harder these prints are to find of normally common books.

the same trend that has been affecting Marvel point 1 2nd printings has been going on around the board.

Books like Ms. Marvel 2nd 3rd 4th, Spider Gwen 2nd and 3rd Thor Jane Foster 3rd and 4th

All these books a selling for 2x or more there 1st print counterparts 

some are impossible to even find like Ms  Marvel 5th print yellow border

FBCC5000-BF36-4EB8-9B40-EF1F765D1855.png

2799AB54-1750-49B2-8C9A-FAEBA233B846.png

717BAB6E-623F-4D42-AAC5-93FA6BB1FCB3.png

Yes harder to find I agree and some like me chase the hell out of hard to find books. 
But a reprint is a reprint.

4 hours ago, BishopT said:

On the note of reprints going nuts, it certainly applies to Spider Gwen 0 2nd print (reprints EOSV 2). First print is about a $20 book (was barely $10 for ages until recently), second print is an easy $200 at least.

So a reprint of a reprint is going for hundreds of dollars?

:facepalm: If people get any dumber...

27 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

So a reprint of a reprint is going for hundreds of dollars?

:facepalm: If people get any dumber...

This is just like the chromium/retailer incentive craze of the early 90s all over again. The way we played that one was to dump hot moderns and buy older keys (or trade them for older keys). 

29 minutes ago, kimik said:

This is just like the chromium/retailer incentive craze of the early 90s all over again. The way we played that one was to dump hot moderns and buy older keys (or trade them for older keys). 

Yep. Can turn random 3rd prints and first appearances of one-hit villains into Hulk 181 pretty easily.