• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Yes a boardie can thank me for that from the sales thread 2 weeks back. Not more then 2 days after I sold a Wizard YA 1 Variant it almost
doubled in price. 

I have actively been buying YA 1 for quite a while. The copy that is really hard is the Reprint anyone know is that a Marvel Legends Copy?
Ive never had one in my hands yet.

I managed to find a high grade copy in a dollar box a few years ago. The figure set it comes with is really hard to find, though.

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I wish I would have kept more copies of Hardware 1 and Static 1. 
When Static 1 hit $25 I unloaded quite a few copies. I have some left, but
I had no idea it would start approaching $50. I wish I would have kept more 
copies of Static 45 and the Platinum. 45 is just a monster. 

Whats funny is there is not shortage of the 1s. The last issues are really 
hard to find though.

I hated having to sell my complete run of Static. But man was I broke after I got divorced. 

4 hours ago, PeterPark said:
9 hours ago, Corona smith said:

I’m an older collector and I want both. Both are important. Ones his very first appearance ever. Unless you’re counting ads. The others his first full. If forced to choose between the two most would pick 181. Its worth a lot more so it’s more money when you sell.  

I thought all the ads in Daredevil, Thor and Marvel Premiere were for 181, so 180 would predate those anyway.

Again, for those who haven't been paying attention, none of the ads even predate 181.

2 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

I don't know anything about this but at this point something I've never seen and has no GPA  - not even listed! - is kind of cool. Just popped up on Comiclink. What is this?

50071450096000003698006001.jpg

I don't mean any disrespect, and I know people are knowledgeable in this thread, but perhaps this question would be better posed by creating its own thread?  I don't think it has a ton to do with "moderns heating up on ebay".  Honestly, it looks amazing.

2 minutes ago, revat said:

I don't mean any disrespect, and I know people are knowledgeable in this thread, but perhaps this question would be better posed by creating its own thread?  I don't think it has a ton to do with "moderns heating up on ebay".  Honestly, it looks amazing.

I'm sure the tick thread in the copper forum would love to hear about it :x I mean its technically a modern, but your likely to get an answer in copper

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

7 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I wish I would have kept more copies of Hardware 1 and Static 1. 
When Static 1 hit $25 I unloaded quite a few copies. I have some left, but
I had no idea it would start approaching $50. I wish I would have kept more 
copies of Static 45 and the Platinum. 45 is just a monster. 

Whats funny is there is not shortage of the 1s. The last issues are really 
hard to find though.

With Static I never see anything over issue 10. 

Meaning, in my local stores, conventions, FB collections, etc. 

20 minutes ago, manetteska said:

With Static I never see anything over issue 10. 

Meaning, in my local stores, conventions, FB collections, etc. 

The latest I’ve ever seen is 30 something 

6 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

The latest I’ve ever seen is 30 something 

Last week I found a beat #15 in a collection and bought it for $1 just because. Usually when I check for Static in backstock I don’t see any issues at all. 

1 hour ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:
8 hours ago, BishopT said:

This is the first time in forever that I’ve seen Spawn sell out within an hour of new comics Wednesday. Not limited to the Gunslinger cover.

Plenty of A covers up here.

Sell out at 2 shops locally as of this morning. Last shop had 2 copes of A still there. Prolly gone by tomorrow.

The sell out of Spawn #309 was helped by the cancellation of pre-orders by many online retailers. I know I had orders in on two different sites and those orders were cancelled and refunded. Cancellations came just after the Covid-19 shutdown started. Bad thing is #309s were not offered again at cover price by online retailers for the next final order cut-off. Around new comic book Wednesday Spawn #309 B prices ranged between $18-$25 depending on the site (Mycomicship,Midtown,Ebay,etc.) Some collectors on FB are referring to it as "Spawngate" lol. Fortunately, Spawn is on my sub list so I got it for less than cover.

2 hours ago, littledoom said:

Holy crud.. Batman Ego is on fire.. selling for $100... Batman Gothic might be one to look out for. Sold a copy the day of the teaser trailer release 

It's an interesting book. If people read it they would see it will have nothing to do with the movie except Batman's demeanor, possibly.