• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:
15 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

What does, if anyone,  think about TMNT #110? With the ronin preview? 

Isn't the ashcan that was released months ago a preview?

lol I don't understand asking a question to answer a question? But since you're the only to respond I'll bite, Are you saying #110 is not a preview?

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol I don't understand asking a question to answer a question? But since you're the only to respond I'll bite, Are you saying #110 is not a preview?

It's a preview, but it would be the second preview and it's the same pages as will be in the comic. I don't see any value in it personally.

Just now, ygogolak said:

It's a preview, but it would be the second preview and it's the same pages as will be in the comic. I don't see any value in it personally.

Thanks ya I wasn't sure, I knew it to be a preview but glad I asked, cause I didn't know about the first preview

Now I just feel silly ordering #110, but if I can't get the real thing this Wednesday....

We'll see ha

58 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Retailers are not getting what they ordered. Speculation or fan hype, doesn't matter at this point.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/retailers-tmnt-last-ronin-ordered/

It will definitely start out well, but I wonder how long it can maintain those prices. I have been told by a LCS owner friend that IDW apparently sent in a print order of 130,000 before all FOC orders were tallied, so all orders are being shorted cover A as a result. However, it sounds like the ratio variants and store variants (apparently 65+?) did not get affected. There should be plenty of copies to go around.

Edited by kimik

4 minutes ago, kimik said:

It will definitely start out well, but I wonder how long it can maintain those prices. I have been told by a LCS owner friend that IDW apparently sent in a print order of 130,000 before all FOC orders were tallied, so all orders are being shorted cover A as a result. However, it sounds like the ratio variants and store variants (apparently 65+?) did not get affected. There should be plenty of copies to go around.

Unknown at this point. IDW said they had pre-orders for 130k, but Bleeding Cool is reporting allocations on orders.

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Just saying if I don't know the answer about #110, I don't know the answer about the ashcan either, but I did order #110 and hope to get the ronin later this week :)(thumbsu 

Spoiler

I am also heading to the comic shop to pick up ronin 1 to see what all the hype is about.  One unsavory shop here already says he is already selling them for $35

56 minutes ago, kimik said:

Hmm so go for cover A and ignore the variants.  Check. 

8 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I am also heading to the comic shop to pick up ronin 1 to see what all the hype is about.  One unsavory shop here already says he is already selling them for $35

Yes My LCS kind of said the same, since I'm a long time customer they'll give it to me at cover supposedly, but only 1 and I can't buy 2 at any price I don't think...... was going to try to pick one up for @PunisherPunisherPunisher

But meh I think after they get they're pull customers fulfilled then technically it is theirs to do with as they......... I can't finish that sentence lol but you get the drift.

Anyway, it's all just up in the air :) :juggle:

23 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:
On 10/16/2020 at 8:03 PM, fastballspecial said:

Static is going to blow up again this weekend.

On 10/17/2020 at 1:00 PM, BishopT said:

I only have one regular cover and a newsstand edition left, so yea I’m probably out on Static for now.

I've sold three (now four) in the last 22 hours or so at $70 on ebay and sold a regular version at the flea market today for $40. It was a book I bought for years every time I saw it a buck and picked up 18 at a $1 at once from a guy in Savannah last year. I just have to figure out how many I'm going to sell now and how many I'm going to keep for a while. 

I have also had 2 non paying bidders as well lately. :mad:

Just now, Hekla said:

Empty Man prices slowly rising again with movie being released this week.

I suspect a lot of BOOM titles soon will be see this. Lumberjanes, Something is Killing, 
and my favorite Once & Future should see nice appreciation over the next few years. 
I wish I could have gotten an 8th print before prices sky rocketed.

6 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I suspect a lot of BOOM titles soon will be see this. Lumberjanes, Something is Killing, 
and my favorite Once & Future should see nice appreciation over the next few years. 

Boom has sneakily been putting out good titles the last few years.

My daughter got into Lumberjanes. I only read the first arc, but it's pretty well done.

Edited by Hekla

4 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Happy Birthday!!!  :shy:

Screenshot_20201026-203909_Samsung Internet.jpg

14 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Since we're discussing upcoming books anticipated to spike, any thoughts on Batgirl 50?

Some sales for $35-40 for cover A! $60 for 2 cover set wtf?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batgirl-50-NM/333766543282?hash=item4db60947b2:g:nQgAAOSwbCRfltG-

Edited by gradejunky

On the TMNT Ronin book it looks like DCBS is sending me one copy.  I can't remember how many I ordered, but when I go to the order that I ordered those in it says 1 as well.  Usually they have how many you ordered and a note on the credits page of shortage or whatnot.  I know I ordered at least 3 or 4 from them, and also believe I ordered some from MM Comics, though I see none in my orders there either.  I swore I ordered a total of 6-8 from 2 venues and it looks like I'm getting 1 copy...awesome

14 minutes ago, gradejunky said:

On the TMNT Ronin book it looks like DCBS is sending me one copy.  I can't remember how many I ordered, but when I go to the order that I ordered those in it says 1 as well.  Usually they have how many you ordered and a note on the credits page of shortage or whatnot.  I know I ordered at least 3 or 4 from them, and also believe I ordered some from MM Comics, though I see none in my orders there either.  I swore I ordered a total of 6-8 from 2 venues and it looks like I'm getting 1 copy...awesome

Yeah it's annoying that everyone got short changed.  I'm just trying to get 1 copy from my LCS