• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, gradejunky said:

Some sales for $35-40 for cover A! $60 for 2 cover set wtf?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batgirl-50-NM/333766543282?hash=item4db60947b2:g:nQgAAOSwbCRfltG-

I pre-ordered 5 A&B sets last week when the news first hit, at a discount to cover price. I was going to do 10, but then decided to be cautious. Guess I should have spent the extra $50.

2 hours ago, gradejunky said:

On the TMNT Ronin book it looks like DCBS is sending me one copy.  I can't remember how many I ordered, but when I go to the order that I ordered those in it says 1 as well.  Usually they have how many you ordered and a note on the credits page of shortage or whatnot.  I know I ordered at least 3 or 4 from them, and also believe I ordered some from MM Comics, though I see none in my orders there either.  I swore I ordered a total of 6-8 from 2 venues and it looks like I'm getting 1 copy...awesome

You should have an email confirmation to your order, and an email confirmation of the cancellation, if they changed your order.

6 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I pre-ordered 5 A&B sets last week when the news first hit, at a discount to cover price. I was going to do 10, but then decided to be cautious. Guess I should have spent the extra $50.

yep, I ordered 5 of cover A only.  I'll take the money!

8 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

You should have an email confirmation to your order, and an email confirmation of the cancellation, if they changed your order.

I never check that slush email account really, but just did and there is an email that all orders are being allocated to 1 copy per customer.  Still don't remember where I thought I pre-ordered some more copies, oh well.  The big question here is why the hell would IDW print a book before FOC!?!

39 minutes ago, littledoom said:

"Some".. majority I still see $5-10 sales.. print run is high

Was there hype before FOC? Have sales for the title been healthy? Honest question because I haven't been paying close attention to moderns lately.

4 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Those have all dried up. Cheapest available A cover is now $35 (plus s&h). One B available at $15.

I called my LCS a couple hours ago and asked if they could put one aside for me.  They told me they ran out but could still order more from Diamond and asked if I wanted a set for cover price.  I said sure!  If they can be reordered, I can only see these prices plummeting quickly. 

33 minutes ago, cd4ever said:

I called my LCS a couple hours ago and asked if they could put one aside for me.  They told me they ran out but could still order more from Diamond and asked if I wanted a set for cover price.  I said sure!  If they can be reordered, I can only see these prices plummeting quickly. 

A) Diamond doesn't do DC anymore

B) UCS (who fulfills DC orders) doesn't have a way to dropship so reorders typically take weeks to arrive. 

I agree wholeheartedly about there being no chance of it holding value, but I thought you should know the probable details of your order. 

22 hours ago, Hekla said:

Empty Man prices slowly rising again with movie being released this week.

There's a SDCC variant of issue #1 floating around to look for. At the LCS, sometimes I find the whole set cheaper than hunting/buying individual issues.

1 hour ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

A) Diamond doesn't do DC anymore

B) UCS (who fulfills DC orders) doesn't have a way to dropship so reorders typically take weeks to arrive. 

I agree wholeheartedly about there being no chance of it holding value, but I thought you should know the probable details of your order. 

First appearance of a character in the Batman family that is already slated to be the title character of a television show has a good potential to retail some value, I would say.

40 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

First appearance of a character in the Batman family that is already slated to be the title character of a television show has a good potential to retail some value, I would say.

52 Week 11 ... there’s countless bat family characters that aren’t big money 

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Honest, I am hoping the stupid Ronin will flood the markets tomorrow so I can pick it up at reasonable price to read.  otherwise, I'll just get the 2nd print next week.  

I did end up picking up the 1:10 ratio, but just to have a copy, I'll still try for regular tomorrow but I can now walk away if it isnt cover price :wishluck:

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

How did you get the a copy already?  I'll be at the LCS bright and early tomorrow.

Well I dont have it in hand, more to the point I didn't even know of the 1:10

I only knew the 1:25 and thank you

But LCS posted available to claim, but again they won't ship until after release day

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well I dont have it in hand, more to the point I didn't even know of the 1:10

I only knew the 1:25 and thank you

But LCS posted available to claim, but again they won't ship until after release day

Congrats buddy.  I am just excited to read it.  I am betting the last Turtle is Mikey. 

Just now, Wolverinex said:

Congrats buddy.  I am just excited to read it.  I am betting the last Turtle is Mikey. 

Ya they always post available to claim on Tuesday but

They didnt have any left after the pull list of the regular cover, but they dont have ratios on pull

Story short I should start a pull, cause they hadn't ever sold out where I couldn't get regular before and now I'm stuck on a ratio

But another LCS promised me a reg at cover and I'll be cheesed if it's not ha

I vote Raph

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya they always post available to claim on Tuesday but

They didnt have any left after the pull list of the regular cover, but they dont have ratios on pull

Story short I should start a pull, cause they hadn't ever sold out where I couldn't get regular before and now I'm stuck on a ratio

But another LCS promised me a reg at cover and I'll be cheesed if it's not ha

I vote Raph

Good luck tomorrow.  We'll see if its all hype or not.