• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

Other local speculators got discouraged about Naomi when their 9.8s hardly commanded $100, I was always like “ I don’t know, I think there’s going to be something in the future, they’ve put too much into this book and it’s not a ridiculously huge print run.”

Now I wait and see how this pans out over the next couple days... in the mean time it may be time to drop some 2nd and 3rd prints.

1 hour ago, BishopT said:

Other local speculators got discouraged about Naomi when their 9.8s hardly commanded $100, I was always like “ I don’t know, I think there’s going to be something in the future, they’ve put too much into this book and it’s not a ridiculously huge print run.”

Now I wait and see how this pans out over the next couple days... in the mean time it may be time to drop some 2nd and 3rd prints.

Heck, Bendis created Miles Morales! 

7 minutes ago, carter3175 said:

Heck, Bendis created Miles Morales! 

Dude gets criticism from all sides... but he knows what sells when it gets down to it.

Also, I can never hate on him for his runs on Daredevil, Alias, and Ultimate Spider-Man.

Also, remember when he legit tried to tie Miracleman into Hellspawn? brilliant stuff.

Edited by BishopT

16 minutes ago, BishopT said:

Dude gets criticism from all sides... but he knows what sells when it gets down to it.

FACTS!

I swear to you.  I had issues 1 and 5 on my watch list when they both were under $100.  I kept saying, "Eh, I will get it later."  Now look at this mess.  I bought a few but I was not happy.

Edited by carter3175

26 minutes ago, carter3175 said:

FACTS!

I swear to you.  I had issues 1 and 5 on my watch list when they both were under $100.  I kept saying, "Eh, I will get it later."  Now look at this mess.  I bought a few but I was not happy.

I saw issue 1 on the shelf in the store. Since it was Bendis and the first issue of some of his other creations were worth so much, I decided to look it up. I found that the first appearance of Naomi was in some issue of Green Arrow and put it back. Only later learned that it was a different Naomi.

On 12/3/2020 at 5:02 PM, littledoom said:

Daredevil 9's selling

Hawkeye 8 (first Kazi) soon to move.. joining 1, 9, & 11.. the later prints sell faster

Avengers 19 1st Swordsman (I know it's SA but it's being wiped off ebay)

About fricking time re: Avengers 19. I started loading up on that and TOS 94 a couple of years ago and have been wondering if Avengers 19 was a waste of money. lol 

The seller of the CGC 9.0 copy for $281 on eBay on November 16th was just a couple of weeks early...........

Edited by kimik

The next year or two should be a fun ride if you have inventory due to the number of new D+ and HBO Max shows that should be announced as Disney and AT&T build up the content for their streaming services.

17 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

This is Star Wars. Its a whole subset of comics by itself. You will have people grabbing these books who don't ever touch 
comics because it Star Wars. 

I would sell all day long. After the first jump. There will be more opportunities before this over.

100%. The fandom is huge and the history/lore/universe seems unlimited. With the way Dave Filoni keeps getting handed the keys to different parts of the Star Wars franchise keep an eye on any and all SW books. He’s becoming more and more like the Kevin Feige of SW. 

Edited by awakeintheashes