• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, AJsLongboxComics said:

I’d like to have a couple copies also but not sure about the $20 already the day before release.

Watch for about a week after release or so when mail orders come in the price should dip some. Right now pre orders dominate which is a risky scenario.

19 hours ago, eddly said:

Yes, but we'll have to see what happens tomorrow. How fast will it sell out? I'm already seeing someone try to sell it on a Facebook group for $30 each.

The hype on Star Wars High Republic #1 is much higher, curious to see what happens with that book too.

So on facebook they are trying to get $30 for the book that has $15-18 BINs all over ebay? typical. Mass delusion on facebook. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=spiderman+55&_sacat=900&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=900&_odkw=spiderman+55

Or are you talking about the virgin cover version?

Edited by the blob

19 hours ago, eddly said:

Yes, but we'll have to see what happens tomorrow. How fast will it sell out? I'm already seeing someone try to sell it on a Facebook group for $30 each.

The hype on Star Wars High Republic #1 is much higher, curious to see what happens with that book too.

Curious why, especially as Leslye Headland's show: The Acolyte, takes place at the end of the High Republic period so in all chances most of the characters won't appear due to being dead - potentially, of course ~

13 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

Curious why, especially as Leslye Headland's show: The Acolyte, takes place at the end of the High Republic period so in all chances most of the characters won't appear due to being dead - potentially, of course ~

It's a 150 year period of Star Wars history that's probably getting its own show. That will help too.

17 minutes ago, pkveronese said:

It's a 150 year period of Star Wars history that's probably getting its own show. That will help too.

Personally, I somewhat doubt that, as it seems to me that there's going to be a focus within the periods of post-Revenge of the Sith and after the events of Mandalorian ~ Unless it's the Old Republic which I'd very much like to see. Out of all the shows confirmed only one is set before Phantom Menace and that's The Acolyte - but stranger things have happened; though it seems to me they know the key is with Grogu and Luke Skywalker (or any of the Skywalkers or original characters) ~

Edited by Bart Allen

36 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

Personally, I somewhat doubt that, as it seems to me that there's going to be a focus within the periods of post-Revenge of the Sith and after the events of Mandalorian ~ Unless it's the Old Republic which I'd very much like to see. Out of all the shows confirmed only one is set before Phantom Menace and that's The Acolyte - but stranger things have happened; though it seems to me they know the key is with Grogu and Luke Skywalker (or any of the Skywalkers or original characters) ~

Sticking with anything Skywalker is a mistake and I think Disney knows that. It’s a dead Bantha in the sands of Tatooine that has been beaten so many times that the Tuskan Raiders have learned to speak English just to tell us to stop.

The Acolyte, which takes place at the end of the High Republic, will likely focus on Darth Plaguis and Sith acolytes. There’s a chance some of the Sith history will be explored during the show. This is a new era in the official SW Canon. There is no way Disney only gives this one show.

Prior to TPM, the Sith had been driven into hiding...at least that’s what the Jedi Council thought. We may get the seeds for the re-emergence of the Sith, which came to fruition in Revenge of the Sith. 

The post RoTS era has been explore a lot with Rebels. Mando, Ahsoka, Rangers and Boba Fett are all going to focus on the period between RoTJ and Rise of Skywalker as a way to clean up the mess that JJ Abrams made. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

The LCS was sold out of Amazing Spider-Man 55 Gleason cover 14 minutes after opening (I couldn't get there earlier). I think the book has legs. Amazing Spider-Man is safe, in general, so having something that slabs well and is popular mostly for the cover seems like a no-brainer. Look how the Mary Jane as Venom variant has aged...

1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

Sticking with anything Skywalker is a mistake and I think Disney knows that. It’s a dead Bantha in the sands of Tatooine that has been beaten so many times that the Tuskan Raiders have learned to speak English just to tell us to stop.

The Acolyte, which takes place at the end of the High Republic, will likely focus on Darth Plaguis and Sith acolytes. There’s a chance some of the Sith history will be explored during the show. This is a new era in the official SW Canon. There is no way Disney only gives this one show.

Prior to TPM, the Sith had been driven into hiding...at least that’s what the Jedi Council thought. We may get the seeds for the re-emergence of the Sith, which came to fruition in Revenge of the Sith. 

The post RoTS era has been explore a lot with Rebels. Mando, Ahsoka, Rangers and Boba Fett are all going to focus on the period between RoTJ and Rise of Skywalker as a way to clean up the mess that JJ Abrams made. 

Completely the opposite, as the Disney trilogy shows that - or at least what happens when you created a bastardisation of Luke instead of the countless options that were shown in the instances of the EU, or creating something new instead of rehashing the events of the Original Trilogy (still am mulling over how they could butcher the characterisation of Finn too, whom had a great deal of potential akin to Kyle and Finn from EU) ~

Note the recent reception of the finale of Mandalorian season two, for instance: that's what happens when a certain character is done correctly lol ~

Headland stated that The Acolyte will be a female-centric piece, so I'm fairly certain we won't be seeing Darth Plagueis - and also there's no way Plagueis is appearing on anything that Dave Filoni isn't actively showrunning or producing ~ Well, it seems as if they're retconning the events of the Disney trilogy which is a good thing, and that's based on comments from both Luke and Ahsoka, and how they've actively changed the narrative that Grogu is now the first Jedi student of Luke's and not Ben ~

Edited by Bart Allen

23 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

Headland stated that The Acolyte will be a female-centric piece, so I'm fairly certain we won't be seeing Darth Plagueis - and also there's no way Plagueis is appearing on anything that Dave Filoni isn't actively showrunning or producing ~

What’s to say Plaguis isn’t the big bad of the show? Also, why does Filoni have to be involved? The story of Plaguis was introduced during the prequels which Filoni wasn’t involved in. Not saying you are wrong but I’m having a very hard time understanding your rationale here. 

Also, I don’t know if anything has been retconned. Grogu isn’t officially his padawan yet. There is more to this story and more to the story of why Luke disappeared. 

I’m guessing Luke appears at some point in the Ahsoka show briefly for her to tell Luke to forget about the Jedi. He disagrees and forged ahead, only to be let down by Ben Solo and then Luke goes off the grid like we find him in TLJ. The rest of the Ahsoka show will be spent looking for Ezra and Thrawn. Possibly providing more insight into the rise of the First Order, as I suspect Thrawn plays a role there. 

Filoni has been used to make sense of the poorly crafted prequels and is being used for the same reason with the sequels. I’m guessing he will be consulted on anything High Republic related but won’t have as big of a role unless stuff goes off the rails. 

10 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

What’s to say Plaguis isn’t the big bad of the show? Also, why does Filoni have to be involved? The story of Plaguis was introduced during the prequels which Filoni wasn’t involved in. Not saying you are wrong but I’m having a very hard time understanding your rationale here. 

Also, I don’t know if anything has been retconned. Grogu isn’t officially his padawan yet. There is more to this story and more to the story of why Luke disappeared. 

I’m guessing Luke appears at some point in the Ahsoka show briefly for her to tell Luke to forget about the Jedi. He disagrees and forged ahead, only to be let down by Ben Solo and then Luke goes off the grid like we find him in TLJ. 

Filoni has been used to make sense of the poorly crafted prequels and is being used for the same reason with the sequels. I’m guessing he will be consulted on anything High Republic related but won’t have as big of a role unless stuff goes off the rails. 

Because mainly of Lucas to that extent and how he viewed Filoni as his protege - not that it should give him more rights than another, but knowledge-wise it's a strong move, especially based on conversations Lucas and himself have had at Skywalker Ranch in the past ~ But such a character isn't going to be lightly given away, as seen with Boba, Luke and Ahsoka, for example ~

Well technically yes, but he's being trained so it's a relatively safe bet based on the ABY timeline ~

I still believe going down the path to the Disney Trilogy is a very risky move - given the reception and the loss of money etc, hence why I've given some thought into the Ahsoka theory about the World between Worlds, more so the font used in the teaser image.

But then again this all depends on who's the new president of Lucasfilm in 2021 ~

Edited by Bart Allen

8 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

Because mainly of Lucas to that extent and how he viewed Filoni as his protege - not that it should give him more rights than another, but knowledge-wise it's a strong move, especially based on conversations Lucas and himself have had at Skywalker Ranch in the past ~ But such a character isn't going to be lightly given away, as seen with Boba, Luke and Ahsoka, for example ~

Well technically yes, but he's being trained so it's a relatively safe bet based on the ABY timeline ~

I still believe going down the path to the Disney Trilogy is a very risky move - given the reception and the loss of money etc, hence why I've given some thought into the Ahsoka theory about the World between Worlds, more so the font used in the teaser image.

But then again this all depends on who's the new president of Lucasfilm in 2021 ~

Doing more Luke is expensive CGI. I think they will minimize it. If Grogu gets to Jedi training camp he is either slaughtered by Ben Solo a few years later when he is like 8-10 in Yoda years or sneaks out into hiding (maybe a heart warming reunion with his adoptive daddy Mando who is now like 50 by then). Wouldn't he be like 11 or 12 in Yoda years in Rise of Skywalker. Not to mention, in the comics/Legends, Darth Vadaar has apprentices and other dark side force wielders under is tutelage who try to run the Empire after Battle of Endor, so it is unclear whether they would have been killed off by the time of the Mandalorian (in the comics I think they were, but there's no reason that has to be the case)

6 minutes ago, the blob said:

Doing more Luke is expensive CGI. I think they will minimize it. If Grogu gets to Jedi training camp he is either slaughtered by Ben Solo a few years later when he is like 8-10 in Yoda years or sneaks out into hiding (maybe a heart warming reunion with his adoptive daddy Mando who is now like 50 by then). Wouldn't he be like 11 or 12 in Yoda years in Rise of Skywalker. Not to mention, in the comics/Legends, Darth Vadaar has apprentices and other dark side force wielders under is tutelage who try to run the Empire after Battle of Endor, so it is unclear whether they would have been killed off by the time of the Mandalorian (in the comics I think they were, but there's no reason that has to be the case)

You're right, hence why they'll probably end up casting someone (ala Sebastian Stan) ~

That's if they don't erase the timeline as it would be very peculiar for them to kill of Grogu - given his status now in pop-culture, as of late. That would be taking subverting expectations to a whole new level for Disney, as they are a company who've lost a great deal of money on theatrical releases, cruise ships, parks, shares etc - and they clearly don't want to turn such a thing into Game of Thrones (ironically they let Dan and Dave go from their respective trilogy once the reviews for the last season came out lol)

But interesting, interesting you may be onto something there :3

Edited by Bart Allen

Re: ASM #55. What is everyone’s thoughts on the virgin variant? Limited to 2500, but it’s a store variant. Is it going to have the same stink that the old Phantom Variants had to them or is this different?

27 minutes ago, the blob said:

They don't have to use the CGI they displayed in the episode. Deep fake technology is way better, and more cost effective. There was a YouTuber that already fixed the mediocre Luke reveal scene. The fandom wants Luke, he is not stale. We got three movies with our Luke and that was it. IMO no Luke no Mara Jade. 

1 hour ago, littledoom said:

There’s a separate thread for Star Wars comics heating up. just saying 

CE636518-212D-4D40-B2B5-71EE5A80395B.gif.ea7ab72888cb1498384f03472e447e14.gif

But, thanks for pointing it out. We will try to find it. 

On 12/29/2020 at 12:00 PM, eddly said:

Since we were discussing the hype of the ASM 55 cover, I just saw this for pre-order. Spidey's new costume debut...:gossip:

ASM 62.png