• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

On 12/6/2020 at 3:30 PM, kimik said:

It takes time for CGC to come out with/change label listings.  

FWIW, a couple of LCS owners I know that pay attention are suggesting that Death Metal 7 may be the book to have for the Future State 1st appearances. We will see soon.

Your sources were right. Grabbed 4 copies. 

10 hours ago, AJsLongboxComics said:

Every time I read something about the dissolving of the sequel trilogy I feel giddy inside.  Would take some big sack from Disney to do it, but significant sack was already shown with the Mando finale, IMHO.

Exactly!

Never forget that the buck stops at Bob Iger who has total control of what is greenlit: he was the one who greenlit the "Disney Trilogy", Mandalorian etc; also let's too not forget that Kathleen Kennedy's contract runs out in 2021 lol

Edited by Bart Allen

2 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

But still curious about High Republic Adventures #1 numbers, also the fact it seems to be VERY under-looked compared to High Republic #1 (variants) ~

FOC hasnt passed yet. Still another week. I wouldnt say the book is "under-looked" just yet.

5 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

But still curious about High Republic Adventures #1 numbers, also the fact it seems to be VERY under-looked compared to High Republic #1 (variants) ~

I tend to buy cheap so High Republic passed my cost range along time ago. So appreciation is what I am looking for.  When your initial cost is that high I think collectors will be looking for cheaper alternatives. Its how I look for value the same way with less risk.

Edited by fastballspecial

7 hours ago, Second Blight said:

FOC hasnt passed yet. Still another week. I wouldnt say the book is "under-looked" just yet.

Woah, I see ~ So it's early days yet ~

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I tend to buy cheap so High Republic passed my cost range along time ago. So appreciation is what I am looking for.  When your initial cost is that high I think collectors will be looking for cheaper alternatives. Its how I look for value the same way with less risk.

I get what you mean - hence why Milestone is such a perfect option: cheap and incredibly low print runs lol

3 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

Woah, I see ~ So it's early days yet ~

I get what you mean - hence why Milestone is such a perfect option: cheap and incredibly low print runs lol

Yes that is my philosophy for 20 years selling in this hobby. Others take different routes and there is no right answer. 
For me its always about watching cost compared to how much appreciation the book will achieve. That and I don't 
need top dollar on my books because I am cost efficient as I can be. 

9 hours ago, Second Blight said:

Exactly. I would not be surprised if the print run on IDW HR Adventures 1 is higher than the Marvel HR 1. Stores were caught asleep at the wheel with HR 1 since the Disney/Marvel promotional machine did not start up until after FOC. As a result, even some other modern speculators I know locally whiffed on it as well (and they can buy from me at the inflated prices :devil: ). One that I talked to on Wednesday who was chasing addition ASM 55s missed and is planning to run to LCSs at the open on Wednesday to try to find any copies he can. lol 

There is a starwars.com/lucasfilms publishing livestream on January 4th that will push the hype even higher - and I believe that is before the HR Adventures FOC. This should be the highest print run IDW book in recent memory.

1 minute ago, kimik said:

Exactly. I would not be surprised if the print run on IDW HR Adventures 1 is higher than the Marvel HR 1. Stores were caught asleep at the wheel with HR 1 since the Disney/Marvel promotional machine did not start up until after FOC. As a result, even some other modern speculators I know locally whiffed on it as well (and they can buy from me at the inflated prices :devil: ). One that I talked to on Wednesday who was chasing addition ASM 55s missed and is planning to run to LCSs at the open on Wednesday to try to find any copies he can. 

There is a starwars.com/lucasfilms publishing livestream on January 4th that will push the hype even higher - and I believe that is before the HR Adventures FOC. This should be the highest print run IDW book in recent memory.

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Yes that is my philosophy for 20 years selling in this hobby. Others take different routes and there is no right answer. 
For me its always about watching cost compared to how much appreciation the book will achieve. That and I don't 

Most people don't realize that you can get decent discounts from your LCS on bulk modern pre-orders. Some owners do not like doing that, but others realize that providing a worthwhile discount to the speculator crowd on pre-orders helps them to get a better discount across the board. Those are the ones that get my $$$

Just now, kimik said:

Most people don't realize that you can get decent discounts from your LCS on bulk modern pre-orders. Some owners do not like doing that, but others realize that providing a worthwhile discount to the speculator crowd on pre-orders helps them to qualify for a better discount level across the board. Those are the ones that get my $$$

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

I agree immensely :3