• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kimik said:
3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Yes that is my philosophy for 20 years selling in this hobby. Others take different routes and there is no right answer. 
For me its always about watching cost compared to how much appreciation the book will achieve. That and I don't 
need top dollar on my books because I am cost efficient as I can be. 

Most people don't realize that you can get decent discounts from your LCS on bulk modern pre-orders. Some owners do not like doing that, but others realize that providing a worthwhile discount to the speculator crowd on pre-orders helps them to get a better discount across the board. Those are the ones that get my $$$

Again you have a different philosophy then I do. We have discussed this before. Nothing wrong with it just different.

LCSs have been discounting bulk orders for years. I knew a guy that bulk ordered every month in the 100s of copies
for speculation. LCS throws him some of their variants for free because he giving them some profit and increasing
their numbers to hit the incentive variants without the risk and gave him a decent discount.

And if you are consistent spender you can get a discount consistently. One shop gives me a good discount when I go
in now, but I spend a significant amount in that store 2 to 4 times a month. That and I told them about Bat 313 before
anyone could get their copies. That won me some kudos from them.

32 minutes ago, Erndog said:

Ive been so busy i wasnt able to hit the shop and land any ASM55s ughhh  easily one of the best Spodey covers ive ever seen

Need to search em out now ughhh

I think I can have one for you if you want to wait a week or so I have some coming in. I sold 20 in my 
sales thread had I known I would have kept you one.

5 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I think I can have one for you if you want to wait a week or so I have some coming in. I sold 20 in my 
sales thread had I known I would have kept you one.

No rush on my end!  Just lemme know, thanks so much!

On 1/1/2021 at 7:59 PM, fastballspecial said:

Yes that is my philosophy for 20 years selling in this hobby. Others take different routes and there is no right answer. 
For me its always about watching cost compared to how much appreciation the book will achieve. That and I don't 
need top dollar on my books because I am cost efficient as I can be. 

I agree, but I had to get these - although 40 of my ordered DC Milestone issues should be prosessed soon lol

1. x1 The High Republic #1 (Aaron Kuder variant - limited to 600)
  2. x5 The High Republic #1
  3. x15 The High Republic Adventures #1

q6cgi78a9m461.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=aaf46fbca68e4053f37255b2b573c05eddef24c5

Edited by Bart Allen

3 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

I agree, but I had to get these - although 40 of my ordered DC Milestone issues should be prosessed soon lol

1. x1 The High Republic #1 (Aaron Kuder variant - limited to 600)
  2. x5 The High Republic #1
  3. x15 The High Republic Adventures #1

Your order pattern is why I think the IDW HR Advs 1 will have a higher print run than HR 1. With the FOC after the HR 1 release, IDW should be in for a huge order and :flipbait:

1 hour ago, kimik said:

Your order pattern is why I think the IDW HR Advs 1 will have a higher print run than HR 1. With the FOC after the HR 1 release, IDW should be in for a huge order and :flipbait:

Heyy :3

Only because HR 1 is released today, whereas it's roughly 7 weeks until HR Advs 1 is released ~

On 1/2/2021 at 8:35 PM, Erndog said:

Ive been so busy i wasnt able to hit the shop and land any ASM55s ughhh  easily one of the best Spodey covers ive ever seen

Need to search em out now ughhh

? The black cover? Was still on the rack when I went to a shop yesterday (Monday). Yes, most were a little dinged, I got the last nice one.

1 minute ago, the blob said:

? The black cover? Was still on the rack when I went to a shop yesterday (Monday). Yes, most were a little dinged, I got the last nice one.

Limit 1 per customer. I should have sent my wife into the shop to buy another copy, I think there was one more decent one.

5 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

Heyy :3

Only because HR 1 is released today, whereas it's roughly 7 weeks until HR Advs 1 is released ~

That is my point. IDW should see huge orders on HR Advs 1 since FOC is still a bit out. The Marvel HR 1 should have a smaller print run as a result.

1 hour ago, kimik said:

And, are there still rumblings about a Diamond delay in getting books on the stands this week? 

The local stores got their shipment in on time.

I know, as a LCS worker helped out the local Diamond guy yesterday so they were in as of yesterday.

Don't worry, your Star Wars should be here. 

22 minutes ago, greggy said:

The local stores got their shipment in on time.

I know, as a LCS worker helped out the local Diamond guy yesterday so they were in as of yesterday.

Don't worry, your Star Wars should be here. 

My LCS confirmed that the cases are in hand with them as of this morning. (thumbsu