• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Second Blight said:

100k is a big order number. Quit trying to make the book seem rare or low print. It's not. 

Nope.  It’s not.  But the economic principle isn’t ‘supply’, it’s ‘supply and demand’.

I think his point is that 100,000 copies of a Star Wars book with multiple first appearances, divided over three covers, of which Star Wars completists will likely want all three, in the middle of a Star Wars furore like we’ve never seen... well, that 100K may not go as far as you think.

49 minutes ago, the blob said:

I absolutely HATED the initial image released. lol

Fortunately, the final colouring scheme makes it pretty reasonable.

14 minutes ago, 500Club said:
1 hour ago, the blob said:
Expand  

I absolutely HATED the initial image released. lol

Fortunately, the final colouring scheme makes it pretty reasonable.

Yeah, the re-colored version looks better, but it doesn’t look to be going for more than it went for a couple weeks ago unless I missed some big sales. Which, I may have because I thought the sales #s were going around 300-500k. I figured those $60-$75 would sit for a while until they were marked down to $30 in a few weeks. 

The sales prices I see on SWHR seem to be no better (and maybe worse) than those for the ASM 55 black cover, don't get me wrong, $10-$15 or so + s/h for a brand new book is good, just saying, it seems supply was slightly outstripped by demand, but folks aren't going nuts. if it had been 150K we might see them at cover price. the #1 popping for all covers creates some buzz. buzz that would be zapped were they selling for $5. I take it this introduces a bunch of new characters who may turn out to be something. we shall see.

3 minutes ago, the blob said:

The sales prices I see on SWHR seem to be no better (and maybe worse) than those for the ASM 55 black cover, don't get me wrong, $10-$15 or so + s/h for a brand new book is good, just saying, it seems supply was slightly outstripped by demand, but folks aren't going nuts. if it had been 150K we might see them at cover price. the #1 popping for all covers creates some buzz. buzz that would be zapped were they selling for $5. I take it this introduces a bunch of new characters who may turn out to be something. we shall see.

The Hans (cover price) variant has been selling between $25-30. The others are in the $10-15 territory. It’s a nice cover and had one in my pull. Wonder if it will stay that way. 

2 hours ago, kimik said:

What was the title that a board member was trying to corner the market on - Black Acre?

I literally sent him my copies for free, it was such a crappie book. But he was happy

Edited by Hekla

10 minutes ago, Hekla said:

I literally sent him my 10 copies for free, it was such a crappie book. But he was happy

For every Saga, Thief of Thieves, Chew & PP, there was a greater number of Bedlam’s, Great Pacific, Epic Kill, and Blackacres. Hard to believe that was almost 10 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

For every Saga, Thief of Thieves, Chew & PP, there was a greater number of Bedlam’s, Great Pacific, Epic Kill, and Blackacres. Hard to believe that was almost 10 years ago. 

That 2010-2013 Image wave was a lot of fun, despite a few stinkers that came out.

:gossip: How could you forget Revival and Nowhere Men?

Seeing reports that Zatanna #5 variant (Bolland) is $125.  1:10 variant.  Killer cover. 

But I don't see any actual sales on E-bay.  

Only 1 raw copy available at $125 and 3 CGC in the $300/400 range. 

Anywnere with actual sales? 
Those are some very solid prices. 

Patrick 

3 hours ago, the blob said:

I still hate it.....................but I will take the money for it. This is the cover they should have used for the 1:25

2087903494_StarWarsInsider199A001.thumb.jpg.5b191b76b3e3460e69ad3c6725101a1a.jpg

On 1/5/2021 at 6:04 PM, followtheleader said:

Guess the answer to my question is yes. 

Seems like it's been rising the last 2 days.  Hard to tell w/ the BIN's on Ebay, but the loosely show $150-180 range.

Patrick

Invincible 2nd prints are interesting. 

Invincible 89 seems to sell pretty well.  $70.

Many of the others seem pretty soft currently.  Invincible 60 is somewhat eh at $40. 

Might be a good time to pick some up before they pick up steam again.

Patrick 

3 hours ago, the blob said:

No, if it had been 150K it would still sell at a premium due to it being SW and introducing new characters. That being said, this is a long play book that will pop more once Acolytes launches and other new D+ shows are produced. If I can still get $10 for raw 2015 SW 1s at shows, then this book will sell for much higher once conventions start here in the fall (hopefully).

That being said, it looks like first print orders that topped 100K for all three regular order covers is right for High Republic #1 first printing, and likely a bit high if stores ordered more of cover A. Here is the label on one of my cases for HR #1 cover A from the printer (Fry Communications) to Diamond, which puts the shipped to distributor Cover A print run at 198 cases x 180 copies per case = 36,540. 

1790502903_HighRepublic1boxlabel.thumb.jpg.3cc2fb52259aafd996f7380a19c04012.jpg

For comparisons sake, here is the distributed print run on one of the Crossover #3 Intermix McFarlane secret variant covers. I have to believe it is for the 1:4s as that would put it at just over 100,000 print run. If it is for a higher number ratio, then that is an insane print run.

67468213_Crossover3boxlabel.thumb.jpg.5e9a31e27a511fd3b68eb9b90cefd356.jpg

Here is a blast from the past label for one of three cases of TWD #163 I still have left from chasing the variants (back then, the 1:500 and 1:200 sold for enough to generate a profit, and left you with a few years of 25 cent firestarter). The interesting thing is that Image claimed 730,000 to 750,000 copies were ordered based on the source, but based on the case numbers, only 513,720 of the regular 25 cent cover were shipped to Diamond. Image either fudged the numbers back then, or they overprinted and kept the rest to give out at their booth during the convention season. Seeing as stores would have paid roughly 12 cents per copy with their discount, it must have cost Image well less than that to print it.

1330019098_WalkingDead163boxlabel.thumb.jpg.5b7e73057adce27ac770e203938c7868.jpg

Edited by kimik