Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
89 89

56,411 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

And I'd like to see your Kirkman SS. There are only 43 in existence and I've never actually seen one from anyone I "know". Did you get it slabbed yourself or buy it that way? When? How much?

1EC1220D-16A3-44F5-BD85-F88A8AAC7EE2.thumb.jpeg.5b3c2d73108a73d2ba87201f2738e0ef.jpeg

I bought this Sep 2017 locally for $250 cash. It was already a CGC 9.8 SS slab. I had it reholdered. The guy had the rest of the single and double digit 9.8 slabs for $100.. wish I bought more

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

b3935b95-17c8-405d-b745-ece4f4df9bb6.jpe

Available from Patrick Gleason's site if anyone is interested.  Limited to 2500.

Just picked up a few (thumbsu

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

Well, those sold out fast...

Yep, all are sold out now, including the slabbed options.

The 1st prints lasted a while, at least a week if not 2.  But it was not as advertised as this one was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, littledoom said:

There’s also the Invincible 1 5th Anniversary

Supposedly this is the best slabbed outcome from those... single highest copy.

1237667084_0962463007_12001.jpg.da07d31c9cfbc2f33c89075fbb61f461.jpg

There are also 6 CGC 9.9 for the regular (black link) sketch cover, but the blue lines were the more limited books.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Yep, all are sold out now, including the slabbed options.

The 1st prints lasted a while, at least a week if not 2.  But it was not as advertised as this one was.

So I guess ASM 55 1st print will in the very least hold its current value. 

Some crazy sales in the past few days for slabbed (presale) 9.8s...

Edited by eddly
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Supposedly this is the best slabbed outcome from those... single highest copy.

1237667084_0962463007_12001.jpg.da07d31c9cfbc2f33c89075fbb61f461.jpg

There are also 6 CGC 9.9 for the regular (black link) sketch cover, but the blue lines were the more limited books.

Beauty

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, littledoom said:

 

I bought this Sep 2017 locally for $250 cash. It was already a CGC 9.8 SS slab. I had it reholdered. The guy had the rest of the single and double digit 9.8 slabs for $100.. wish I bought more

:takeit:now those are welcome victories! Woo hoo!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GLCBrad said:

There’s a few reasons why they will stay cheap

First of which being that it’s a reprint not a real variant 

They will definitely appreciate well.  Nowhere in the park of a true #1, but people will want the "next best thing" at an affordable price.  

Kind of fells like Spawn B&W 1, but print run is prob considerably different.

There are so many issues with potential that are cheap now.  Some very cheap.

Patrick

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Don't say that!  I sold mine for $1,700 a bit ago and I really thought it had a ceiling of $2,000 unless the show is a blockbuster.  I sold one 9.6 for $800 direct and my last 9.6 is sitting unsold for $899.  I've got two raw complete sets but I don't think I get anymore graded #1s so I guess I'll be happy with the profits.

Getting top dollar is always hard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, littledoom said:

1EC1220D-16A3-44F5-BD85-F88A8AAC7EE2.thumb.jpeg.5b3c2d73108a73d2ba87201f2738e0ef.jpeg

I bought this Sep 2017 locally for $250 cash. It was already a CGC 9.8 SS slab. I had it reholdered. The guy had the rest of the single and double digit 9.8 slabs for $100.. wish I bought more

I’m confused. Do you currently own this copy or the one you posted before? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I’m confused. Do you currently own this copy or the one you posted before? 

Two different board members posted signature series. One was signed on the label and the other was regular. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

Two different board members posted signature series. One was signed on the label and the other was regular. 

Yep. I should read closer. I thought it was littledoom that posted the Golden Ticket version as I asked him to post a pic. Thanks for the clarification!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2021 at 9:00 AM, Broke as a Joke said:

The Invincible show is animated instead of live action I thought.  I feel that will hinder whatever the potential response will be.  

Walking Dead was lightning in a bottle, Invincible animated series...ehh.

thats not to say a live action production won't be made in the future

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
89 89