• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, eddly said:

The ASM 55 2nd print is not surprisingly being heavily ordered - saw someone say in a Facebook group that they ordered 100 copies! :insane:

Probably quite a few people going for the 1:50 variant. 

1 hour ago, eddly said:

The ASM 55 2nd print is not surprisingly being heavily ordered - saw someone say in a Facebook group that they ordered 100 copies! :insane:

Ask Another Dimension how many copies of the 1:50 that they  sold - I heard earlier in the week they had pre-sold over 20 at $120 or $130 per copy before last weekend (and before FOC). I would not be surprised if it was closer to 40 copies of the 1:50 = 2000+ copies of the regular 2nd print cover. Another Calgary store had similar numbers. Be patient, and I bet that Comic Kazi will have 100s in their dollar bins within a couple of months.

Edited by kimik

49 minutes ago, kimik said:

Ask Another Dimension how many copies of the 1:50 that they  sold - I heard earlier in the week they had pre-sold over 20 at $120 or $130 per copy before last weekend (and before FOC). I would not be surprised if it was closer to 40 copies of the 1:50 = 2000+ copies of the regular 2nd print cover. Another Calgary store had similar numbers. Be patient, and I bet that Comic Kazi will have 100s in their dollar bins within a couple of months.

And another 1,000+ with comic traders. I guess we have some options if there is another toilet paper shortage.

Edited by eddly

Just now, Broke as a Joke said:

ASM 55 :  It's funny that the book is getting reprinted solely for the cover, but each time they reprint it they change the original cover.  Doesn't that defeat the purpose.  

And if it’s the cover only, why not leave the internal pages blank.

2 hours ago, HighRadArt said:

Next ASM 300?

It is already selling for 10x the regular price on ebay. However, I found some still cheap ($3.24) at Midtown Comics about an hour ago and they don't show sold out yet. :gossip:

13 minutes ago, Acegraphix said:

It is already selling for 10x the regular price on ebay. However, I found some still cheap ($3.24) at Midtown Comics about an hour ago and they don't show sold out yet. :gossip:

That's because FOC isn't for a while. You'll be able to get it for that price from Midtown until 1/26.

Edited by awakeintheashes

True awakeintheashes, it amazes me that people don't research these sites first before spending crazy money. I'm sure a virgin cover and reprints are coming soon to follow in the ASM 55 madness...

Edited by Acegraphix

2 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:
4 hours ago, eddly said:

Probably quite a few people going for the 1:50 variant. 

Very true, but if I can get the red cover for well under cover I am happy to sit on copies for awhile. Its never going to be $1 book it will always have some resale. 

1 hour ago, eddly said:
1 hour ago, Broke as a Joke said:

ASM 55 :  It's funny that the book is getting reprinted solely for the cover, but each time they reprint it they change the original cover.  Doesn't that defeat the purpose.  

And if it’s the cover only, why not leave the internal pages blank.

You could say that for a lot of covers over the years that the content sucks.

2 hours ago, littledoom said:
2 hours ago, eddly said:

The print run for ASM 55 1st print will be less than the 2nd print. Maybe twice as much? The desirable book will obviously be the 1st print unless the 2nd print cover is deemed to be better?

Hulk 377

3rd print yes. 2nd print while harder to find in High grade I find very little interest in it from buyers.

4 hours ago, eddly said:

If you have the right outlets that's easily profitable. All of these additional prints will be profitable later. Just look at Once and Future and Something is Killing the Children and thats without the Spider-man name.

This will be an iconic cover period anyone denying that either is butt hurt because they didn't order any or
just plain ignorant.

Just in my sales thread alone buyers were panicked because I sold them some copies cheap and kept pming me about shipment until I ask them to stop. I cant remember the last time that happened. 

All weekend at my local shops they were talking about this book when it came out.  They have now almost sold out out of those 3x5 posters as well and I think they had around 40. 

The book will be iconic get over it if you doubt it. And yes they will print it again.

Edited by fastballspecial

2 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

That's because FOC isn't for a while. You'll be able to get it for that price from Midtown until 1/26.

Every copy I saw left at Midtown was damaged, but maybe they keep better copies in a box.

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Very true, but if I can get the red cover for well under cover I am happy to sit on copies for awhile. Its never going to be $1 book it will always have some resale. 

There will be one store that will have it for $1 in Calgary. It will eventually hit their overstock boxes and be blown out. I can remember a couple of Calgary Expos ago pulling out 5 - 20 of each Spawn homage cover and selling them for $40-$100 apiece at my booth. I know a couple of people that had nice scores with DH Star Wars there recently as well.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Every copy I saw left at Midtown was damaged, but maybe they keep better copies in a box.

We were discussing Carnage Black White and Blood which is a pre-order, unless I'm missing something. hm