• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:
3 hours ago, carter3175 said:

Is anyone tracking Port of Earth? (shrug)

Its still early on it, but its passing $30 now I think.

Like other Top Cow books (Think Tank) there is also an ashcan of #1. Just an FYI for anyone hunting for back issues. 

3 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Neither one has his real first appearance. These are just advertising. His first appearance is in Ultimate Fallout #4.

Just to be clear...this is the first appearance on a cover.  Predates UF4 by 3 months.  And only 6 on the census in 9.8.

Edited by cbmitch

14 hours ago, 15Years said:

I've heard the issue before this one has his real first appearance. Can anyone confirm?

I luckily saved all of these (there's 4 volumes totalling a couple of hundred issues so far) from my monthly subscription service.

As others have said, it's not a comic, which meant I wasn't always super careful with them when ordering from them (including loaning them out to a buddy at work for a year or two so he could pick up a few titles as part of my order), so once I found out about the interest in them, it was nervous time as I went through the Diamond boxes I stored them in (two rows deep with no bags) to find the #95. It turned out to be pretty sharp, maybe 9.6 but I'll never know as I quickly sold it raw for a little over 2K.

As for the #94, it features the Djurdjevic alternate cover in a small inset which pictures Mile Morales Spidey on the ad page for UF #4 so that's the extent of his "appearance" in the issue. Unfortunately, I (or maybe my friend) wasn't as careful with that one, so it might be Fine+/VF-.

A few other issues of note feature early printed images of Shuri (#64), Arana (#8), the Young Avengers,(#16),,and Kamala Khan (Marvel Now Previews #2). I've yet to check to condition on those, but I'm glad to have them and all the rest, less the #95.

I basically saved these for reference and never expected them to hold any value.

Edited by jdandns

Did my usual scan of weekly release sales on eBay and noticed the vast amount of Daredevil #26 (Cover A) at cover price have thinned out. People really into

Spoiler

Knullified

Daredevil?

Edited by awakeintheashes

It appears that Bad Idea will be begin shipping some of their books this year. My lcs is one of the stores that will be selling them to their patrons and ive signed up to buy everything. The initial line up of books looks promising as a reader. 

im sure its been talked about before but what is everyone's feelings on the speculator market concerning their books in the coming months? i imagine their print run will be tiny compared to the lowest selling valiant book; is that enough to get them hot to paying outrageous prices?

Not sure if anyone is aware but I was told books for hold/pull list customers will be limited to one per customer. Not sure about shelf copies.

Holy cats, the Crossgen Mystic 15 is blowing my mind! I just saw it. It's unbelievable because I picked up a HUGE collection of Crossgen stuff in a collection I bought a couple of weeks ago. I've already made my money back several times over, so I was just going to give the Crossgen stuff to a good friend of mine who was recently talking about having enjoyed them the first time around, and was wanting to revisit them. I was just happy to be rid of them. Luckily he hasn't picked them up yet, so I'll just have to explain to him that the collection is one book lighter. Ha This is the sort of stuff that seems so dumb to me in the current market, but I'll take the money!

10 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Holy cats, the Crossgen Mystic 15 is blowing my mind! I just saw it. It's unbelievable because I picked up a HUGE collection of Crossgen stuff in a collection I bought a couple of weeks ago. I've already made my money back several times over, so I was just going to give the Crossgen stuff to a good friend of mine who was recently talking about having enjoyed them the first time around, and was wanting to revisit them. I was just happy to be rid of them. Luckily he hasn't picked them up yet, so I'll just have to explain to him that the collection is one book lighter. Ha This is the sort of stuff that seems so dumb to me in the current market, but I'll take the money!

It's such a small cameo! Don't hold on to that flip it asap. There is  ok way in hell it will stay that high. It's just his head in a crowd, like "where's Waldo?".

10 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

It's such a small cameo! Don't hold on to that flip it asap. There is  ok way in hell it will stay that high. It's just his head in a crowd, like "where's Waldo?".

Oh yeah, as soon as I saw it, I ran downstairs, got it scanned, getting ready to throw it up there in a few minutes. Can't imagine this one will last long!

Uhh yea that is kinda crazy for that book.  What even made it get on peoples radar in the first place?  They have done 100 movies already and the book series is over as well, right?  Anyhow, that may be a unlicensed cameo or whatever but this is his 1st licensed appearance in a "comic book".

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=love+is+love+tpb&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1