• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Im kicking myself on this one. Normally, I dont look back at books that I made a profit, but I sold my signed 9.6 some time back for like $700. Obviously now, that was a bad decision. My thinking was that the prices wouldn't go up a lot more after the movie. I was so wrong. Badly.

I sold a bunch of Hulk 181s...so I feel this to the utmost...

53 minutes ago, manetteska said:

What I try to remember in these cases -- as one usually forgets the comics which tanked after selling -- is as long as you sold for the market value at the time, you did fine.

I can see Adventures of Superman 500 being the next book to pop. 1st Steel... why recast a black Superman .. there’s already a Man of Steel

18 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

AM I A JOKE TO YOU!??!?! @littledoom

ESdnO6fXkAEgCoG.jpg

Why gamble on an unheard character who’s been in 2 issues as your lynchpin vs a tested character who’s been around for 30 years, had own title, numerous apps, own movie. The straightest path just makes the most sense. If it’s Steel I expect the Platinum to go from $100 to $300-500 overnight

Edited by littledoom

6 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Why gamble on an unheard character who’s been in 2 issues as your lynchpin vs a tested character who’s been around for 30 years, had own title, numerous apps, own movie. The straightest path just makes the most sense. If it’s Steel I expect the Platinum to go from $100 to $300-500 overnight in this market

Because his character is basically iron man?

And Shaq forever tarnished it.

The Platinum in 9.8 may already be $500

Edited by the blob

33 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Why gamble on an unheard character who’s been in 2 issues as your lynchpin vs a tested character who’s been around for 30 years, had own title, numerous apps, own movie. The straightest path just makes the most sense. If it’s Steel I expect the Platinum to go from $100 to $300-500 overnight

I was joking lol Steel the movie IS a joke. I'm guessing that he is definitely not the superman Abrams and Coates are shooting for. imo 

2 hours ago, the blob said:

Because his character is basically iron man?

And Shaq forever tarnished it.

The Platinum in 9.8 may already be $500

At this point both the regular and error are there , although an error 9.8 hasn't come up this year to gauge it. Sure it would top the pervious and be over $50020210302_174211.thumb.jpg.fdc5b2ca16fae8a837cfda185ec6c91b.jpg20210302_174228.thumb.jpg.9827cdd0e6a8c4084904acf9dd05c75c.jpg

Even one of the "not first print"s sold for stupid money. Which is particularly stupid, because they're not going to differentiate between later printings, and that's the only way they're going to be reprinting it, so those should be available indefinitely.

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

17 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Even one of the "not first print"s sold for stupid money. Which is particularly stupid, because they're not going to differentiate between later printings, and that's the only way they're going to be reprinting it, so those should be available indefinitely.

Exactly, the "not first print" selling for anything over 4 dollars is a classic case of uninformed buyer.