• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, the blob said:

I am in nyc (not manhattan) and we are around $2.80 for regular

Same here, in Dallas 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 hours ago, followtheleader said:

In case anyone wanted to see some of what is inside.

Thinking it's selling low right now.  1st Young Avengers, 1st Ronin, and one other thing I'm not seeing mentioned.  House of M and it's specifically the Witch having and losing the kids.  Damn.  Pretty sure it's around the 1st Extremis Iron Man armor. Unbelievable 2 page Black Panther spread.

May be the best accumulation of art by multiple artists in a preview.

Lack of Hawkeye Lady is a bummer.

NOTE: I need to check on Ronin.  Pretty sure there was a cover with Ronin on #1 and this looks to have come out around the same time.  By the way, not sure why everyone is saying Ronan.  I don't recall seeing it spelled that way (thought that was the villain).

Patrick

20210308_171225.jpg

20210308_171142.jpg

20210308_170947.jpg

20210308_170944.jpg

20210308_171022.jpg

20210308_170934.jpg

20210308_170926.jpg

New Avengers 1 variant and New Avengers 4 variant 

s-l400.jpg

s-l400 (1).jpg

8 hours ago, the blob said:

anything could happen, i agree, but why now? this didn't happen when he was the co-star of a billion dollar movie. i am sure i have a bunch of them, so I'm hoping you're right, and being a high print run 90s book doesn't seem to matter anymore...

of course, 1st winter soldier was like $25-50 when there was a WINTER SOLDIER movie and now it is $100+ for a tv show, so none of this makes any sense

True, but the market wasn’t what it is now at that time. All first appearances seem to be on fire, and just need a little nudge from a show or movie trailer to really set them on fire.

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Same here, in Dallas 

Were at $2.89 here. After working from home for a year, we are returning to the office later this week. For the past year I’ve been putting $15 in the gas tank every other week or so. Really not looking forward to returning to filling it all the way up every week. That was a nice little savings.

2 hours ago, littledoom said:

I would gladly pay $3/gallon where I live

It's $1.45 a bloody LITRE here.

Seriously guys - every non USA boardie is going WTF are they moaning about!  :roflmao:

:foryou:

Aaaand on topic - every one of my Marvel Graphic Novel / TPB's of "House Of M" - easy $40+

TPB of Thor - God Butcher Series - $60

Loki OOP TPB's $30 - $40

Anti-Venom OOP - $70

There's money in some TPB's right now.

Not heaps, but better than the $7 - $15 most usually turnover for.

3 hours ago, Beige said:

Seriously guys - every non USA boardie is going WTF are they moaning about!  :roflmao:

We pay $1 a litre here in South Africa but our minimum wage is also 50cents an hour :p

6 hours ago, Beige said:

Aaaand on topic - every one of my Marvel Graphic Novel / TPB's of "House Of M" - easy $40+

TPB of Thor - God Butcher Series - $60

Loki OOP TPB's $30 - $40

Anti-Venom OOP - $70

There's money in some TPB's right now.

Not heaps, but better than the $7 - $15 most usually turnover for.

Gwenpool Volume 3 and 4 also go for crazy amounts. 
Zatanna by Paul Dini is another. 
JLA vol 5 by Waid. 
Batman and Robin vol 2 by Morrison. 
Honestly, I’m thinking out of print trades are where it’s at. I bought the Secret Invasion trade for $5 used recently as an investment when I saw the price of House of M trades. 

Edited by Noah Koessel

3 hours ago, Noah Koessel said:

Gwenpool Volume 3 and 4 also go for crazy amounts. 
Zatanna by Paul Dini is another. 
JLA vol 5 by Waid. 
Batman and Robin vol 2 by Morrison. 
Honestly, I’m thinking out of print trades are where it’s at. I bought the Secret Invasion trade for $5 used recently as an investment when I saw the price of House of M trades. 

I 2nd that viewpoint I have a made a killing on several OOP trades. While hard to find they are very profitable
when you do find them.

10 hours ago, Beige said:

Your cars tend to be smaller and more efficient. My wife decided we need a giant SUV that gets 20 mpg on a good day. And requires premium gas, which is like $3.30.

57 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

Eniac #1 First Print is on FIRE!! Listed my copy yesterday and it sold in 25 minutes for $170. 

Yeah, it is. With most moderns I list them and ship them as soon as they catch heat. I'm going to ship this one off to CGC with a larger pre-screen submission and see how it goes. 

2 hours ago, the blob said:

Your cars tend to be smaller and more efficient. My wife decided we need a giant SUV that gets 20 mpg on a good day. And requires premium gas, which is like $3.30.

Heck, I have a 2021 Denali and that beast takes premium gas only! :cry: :facepalm: :cry: