• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

This is about 3 weeks old. Look at sold prices.

The article states it was dropped 7 hr ago. None the less, I just found it funny how they are trying to suggest that "this" is what fans asked for. lol

I guarantee you 90% or more had no idea about Indian spiderman. It's not a big deal I just found it funny they are trying to state that. Personally I would rather see Miguel, or Ben Reilly Scarlet spider. 

20 hours ago, Jitstark said:

Anyone think Captain America #333 might go up after Falcon and The Winter Solider. Got one in a box somewhere so hoping that gets some love.

All cheap copies have been brought up and 10 sold since yesterday. It's moving.

(and yes, I did quote myself)

8 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

The Carnage Black White & Blood Gleason virgin variants sold out in 5 minutes

I got lucky this time unlike last time with 5 of the raw virgins. I tried to get at least one signed raw but they were scooped up.

30 minutes ago, cbalroman said:

Was this one priced similar to the ASM 55 virgins? 

They probably saw how easy the money was and raised things up a little bit...instead of 24.99, 34.99, 99.99 and 149.99 they were 29.99, 39.99, 124.99 and 174.99 (that's virgin, virgin signed, cgc 9.8 virgin, cgc 9.8 ss virgin)

50 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I missed this drop. Still waiting on my Venom #33...

You can get some right now here but they are a bit more. They will go fast...

https://www.sadlemoncomics.com/collections/frontpage/products/carnage-black-white-and-blood-1-patrick-gleason-webhead-virgin-variant-limited-to-2500

6 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

They probably saw how easy the money was and raised things up a little bit...instead of 24.99, 34.99, 99.99 and 149.99 they were 29.99, 39.99, 124.99 and 174.99 (that's virgin, virgin signed, cgc 9.8 virgin, cgc 9.8 ss virgin)

Smart. And they still sold fast. Good for the artist and his team. 

6 hours ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Thanks for this. I went ahead and ordered one. Maybe when it arrives in June, people will be salivating for it.

A lot of kvetching about crazy prices.. But the fact is, the vast bulk of it is still worth $3-4 or less. I'm saying this because I am doing a big reorganization of my inventory and doing a lot of flipping through boxes. It is great that there are more "popped" books worth listing on ebay, but still plenty that are not. You can go through years of x books, for example, for the last 25 years, and maybe 1-2 a year meet the easy sale at $10+ criteria. Of course, if all my long boxes of dollar box books were worth $2k each that would be ridiculous as well.

On 3/19/2021 at 8:06 AM, williamblood said:

image.thumb.png.ebd940eac3696d28eb7c767fa21d96ba.png

I have been watching as SA 1 has been rising quietly across all covers in 9.8. It would be interesting to see how a D+ announcement would impact prices. The print run for all five covers of #1 was just over 71k according to Comichron, so there were likely 1500-2000 copies of the 1:50 printed. Due to the black cover and crappy production quality spine issues that Marvel has had in the recent past, getting a 9.8 copy to start with was not a certainty. 

Edited by kimik