• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

I was always told that Comichron reported sales, not print runs. 

they report order numbers, the amount of copies ordered by stores, add maybe 10% more for damages, comps and what not.

5 hours ago, kimik said:

I have been watching as SA 1 has been rising quietly across all covers in 9.8. It would be interesting to see how a D+ announcement would impact prices. The print run for all five covers of #1 was just over 71k according to Comichron, so there were likely 1500-2000 copies of the 1:50 printed. Due to the black cover and crappy production quality spine issues that Marvel has had in the recent past, getting a 9.8 copy to start with was not a certainty. 

dont forget out of that 71k at least 7k of those were stores exclusives, that leaves 64k spread between between 5 open order covers. (these are estimates)

4 minutes ago, williamblood said:

they report order numbers, the amount of copies ordered by stores, add maybe 10% more for damages, comps and what not.

dont forget out of that 71k at least 7k of those were stores exclusives, that leaves 64k spread between between 5 open order covers. (these are estimates)

there are other places that sell comics that are not covered by comichron

1 hour ago, williamblood said:

I’m losing track, are we saying strange academy had a high print run or a low print run?

1 hour ago, williamblood said:

Are you certain that store exclusives are distributed through Diamond, and that those books are included in the North American sales estimates? It seems to me if the entire print run of a comic is destined for one store, it's more efficient to ship them out directly from the printer and not involve Diamond at all.

28 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Are you certain that store exclusives are distributed through Diamond, and that those books are included in the North American sales estimates? It seems to me if the entire print run of a comic is destined for one store, it's more efficient to ship them out directly from the printer and not involve Diamond at all.

comicchron number include store variants thats why reported print run for some books like batman #50 are so large. that what i ve been told atleast.

53 minutes ago, BrooksR said:

I’m losing track, are we saying strange academy had a high print run or a low print run?

i think its low for the book that it is. 71k ordered even if half of those are cover A thats just 35.5k 

35 minutes ago, littledoom said:
59 minutes ago, iggy said:

(Archie) Betty #46 1997, (1992 series) is selling like crazy lately... no idea why.

There was an article on CBR about a week ago. Tried to find it this weekend. Couldn’t find it

EwoQCN9XIAMOBBB.jpeg

On 3/20/2021 at 6:30 AM, Jitstark said:

All cheap copies have been brought up and 10 sold since yesterday. It's moving.

(and yes, I did quote myself)

A buddy asked last week if I thought this would pop along with the other Walker issues. My answer was "Why? Everyone knows he's the US Agent in the show, not Cap and 354 has already blown up." Oops. 

1 hour ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

A buddy asked last week if I thought this would pop along with the other Walker issues. My answer was "Why? Everyone knows he's the US Agent in the show, not Cap and 354 has already blown up." Oops. 

New fans don't though(Or movie fans) and those are ones buying. 

Several issues of Cap Between 300 and 354 are selling very well.
Just look at Wandavision as an example all those West Coast issues
are/were selling like hotcakes.

Edited by fastballspecial