• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

On 3/13/2021 at 12:41 AM, littledoom said:

This used to be a $2 book. Now selling for $30.. only two $40 & $60 copies left on eBay ... this will continue to rise. Multiple first appearances. Glad I found one for $1.75 today

667C1DB6-5563-4B01-8EEC-E20C79A73197.thumb.jpeg.d61aeff3376d6f8395df87aba370c175.jpeg

19CB07DC-E816-4AB5-81AA-2C8AE072C761.thumb.png.3159cd04f6b29ddda833df58a4bb7b19.png

So guess who had these for $9 after a codeword sale? I ordered 10, but they only shipped me one. They might have only had one in stock because they have no updated the price and they don't have any available for sale now. This is what happened when I ordered as many NM Black Lightening 1s as I could for $7 each. I didn't get them all, but I got some, and then they were out of stock. Now I'm wondering if I had just ordered 2 or 3 if my order might have slipped through? I got greedy I guess. 

2 hours ago, bellrules said:

Why is everyone chasing Captain America 25 as the first Sam Wilson Captain America? Clearly, it’s not. 

EDF2C066-32DD-4186-9EF6-5770FA83C94C.jpeg

021AFEE2-C39F-4DB6-AFD1-8EF31B707742.jpeg

Its been awhile since i read this story but if i remember correctly. He goes into a costume shop and buys or takes a captain america costume out of it and wears it.

This does not make him Capt. America.   If i go to a costume shop and put on a Batman Costume does that mean i'm Batman now ?

He is officially Crowned Capt America in #25. 

To me thats important.

2 hours ago, the blob said:

So guess who had these for $9 after a codeword sale? I ordered 10, but they only shipped me one. They might have only had one in stock because they have no updated the price and they don't have any available for sale now. This is what happened when I ordered as many NM Black Lightening 1s as I could for $7 each. I didn't get them all, but I got some, and then they were out of stock. Now I'm wondering if I had just ordered 2 or 3 if my order might have slipped through? I got greedy I guess. 

That’s a good hold book. Years ago a friend bought all the Zelda 1s from Mile High. Order cancelled. Mile High raised the price. He bought all of them again. Mile High cancels the order and raises the price again! He buys all of them again. Mile High finally ships his order! 

Edited by littledoom

1 hour ago, iggy said:

39645DDF-55AD-4F33-8AAE-D66142AE7117.jpeg

The day CBR released the article there was still a VF $15 copy w a stock photo for sale. It was only selling $5-15 that day. I felt it would blow up but there wasn’t much completed sales  for it to be an obvious buy

Edited by littledoom

10 minutes ago, littledoom said:

That’s a good hold book. Years ago a friend bought all the Zelda 1s from Mile High. Order cancelled. Mile High raised the price. He bought all of them again. Mike high cancels the order and raises the price again! He buy all of them again. Mile High finally ships his order! 

Wow..... that's the worst seller practice I've ever heard of!  Were those the valiant ones? 

50 minutes ago, littledoom said:

That’s a good hold book. Years ago a friend bought all the Zelda 1s from Mile High. Order cancelled. Mile High raised the price. He bought all of them again. Mile High cancels the order and raises the price again! He buys all of them again. Mile High finally ships his order! 

they don't have any available now. i might have bought the last one. if they're selling for $40-50 I think I just take my money. it is a nice copy and all. is this going to be a $75 or $100 book? I have my doubts. maybe if I roll the dice on slabbing it.

19 minutes ago, littledoom said:

BRZRKR 1

A covers are basically selling for cover. I bought a few, and was thinking about getting some of the incentives but then I realized that there were far too many variants and it seemed like it was going to be really expensive to speculate on this book. But hopefully the extra copies I ordered will cover what I want to keep for now.

2 hours ago, littledoom said:

Sold off my Daredevil 9s too early... it’s hard to imagine a $10 book for years being capable of being worth $100+. 

Well if makes you feel any better when I sold my newsstand copy for $75 I thought I made out like a bandit. I dont
even want to look now.

24 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
45 minutes ago, littledoom said:

BRZRKR 1

A covers are basically selling for cover. I bought a few, and was thinking about getting some of the incentives but then I realized that there were far too many variants and it seemed like it was going to be really expensive to speculate on this book. But hopefully the extra copies I ordered will cover what I want to keep for now.

I avoided this book completely because everyone was on it. The print run is massive maybe I should have. (shrug)

4 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:
11 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I avoided this book completely because everyone was on it. The print run is massive maybe I should have. (shrug)

2nd print or later printings may be the book the get.

Agreed I have enough books to worry about I can pass some up. The volume level is really rising from Covid money the last
3 days. Haven't seen volume like this since beginning of Covid Shutdown.