• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

I had a LOT of this.  Then I couldn't hardly give it away, which is pretty much what I ended up doing.  Sure wish I had those now.

Patrick

Yeah. I sold mine when it first got hot years ago. I was happy with $30 back then lol 

11 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

The first appearance Video Game character books have been trending up for awhile now.  Mortal Kombat, various Nintendo characters, I have even sold some Malibu Street Fighter books.  

God of War 1 is a hard one to find. The 2nd print is a ghost

13 hours ago, brentdevil said:

What's Gargoyles # 1 going for raw? I got it from a dollar bin less than ten years ago, I can't imagine why it's that desired now...

I think Jordan Peele’s name was attached to it at some point, like he was interested in making a new series or something. My memory could be failing me, though, but I think that was what it was.

BRZRKR? wtf why, there are thousands of them, that's the kind of book that even a 1:200 has a larger print run than most books these days :p my store has the 1 per store which I was tempted to pick up but at $50 I might wait on a sale or something, that seems like it is one of the few with any potential, it it really is limited to 1 per sotre.

14 hours ago, fastballspecial said:
15 hours ago, brentdevil said:

What's Gargoyles # 1 going for raw? I got it from a dollar bin less than ten years ago, I can't imagine why it's that desired now...

Its been a hot book for years now. Fan base for years very loyal.

Very loyal. Nostalgia is a hell of a thing. Always important to keep an eye on shows like this that were cancelled/ended early but have a huge cult following. Eventually, those kids have more than just allowance money.

Edited by awakeintheashes

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I think some people don't realize how high a print run it was. I want to see what the drop
off from issue 1 to 2 is.

The drop off is on - Boom! are already offering new incentives to get retailers to order more #2

This secret 1 for 3 incentive that they sprung last week & the insert in the foil covers offering a free copy

of SIKTC #1

34 minutes ago, TheSpud said:

The drop off is on - Boom! are already offering new incentives to get retailers to order more #2

This secret 1 for 3 incentive that they sprung last week & the insert in the foil covers offering a free copy

of SIKTC #1

issue #1 had like 600k ordered, so even with a 66% drop #2 would still be at 200k giving nearly 75k copies of the siktc 1. dont over pay copies will be everywhere

9 minutes ago, williamblood said:

issue #1 had like 600k ordered, so even with a 66% drop #2 would still be at 200k giving nearly 75k copies of the siktc 1. dont over pay copies will be everywhere

why on earth would 600K of any book outside of some big star wars release be ordered? that is just insane. that's like 2 million in 1993 when there were 3-4X as many shops. at a time when fewer folks are wandering into shops? what the heck? copies of the regular cover are under $3 on ebay. did shops really order so many just to get variants? because keanu reeves had some role? even if he does the movie one day, 600K!!! 600k!!!

Just now, the blob said:

why on earth would 600K of any book outside of some big star wars release be ordered? that is just insane. that's like 2 million in 1993 when there were 3-4X as many shops. at a time when fewer folks are wandering into shops? what the heck? copies of the regular cover are under $3 on ebay. did shops really order so many just to get variants? because keanu reeves had some role? even if he does the movie one day, 600K!!! 600k!!!

because of the 1:1000 signed by keanu. plus it was returnable. so lot of store presold the 1:1000 for cost giving them 1000 free copies they could sell and than return what they cant

12 minutes ago, williamblood said:

because of the 1:1000 signed by keanu. plus it was returnable. so lot of store presold the 1:1000 for cost giving them 1000 free copies they could sell and than return what they cant

so the company was looking to have a glut of unsold books? no better way to destroy interest in a series by showing people hundreds of unsold copies on the rack

1 minute ago, the blob said:

so the company was looking to have a glut of unsold books? no better way to destroy interest in a series by showing people hundreds of unsold copies on the rack

yep, so they can shop the book around to movie studios with a big sale number to boost the offers, and it worked. movie is being made and the will get a % of it

1 minute ago, williamblood said:

yep, so they can shop the book around to movie studios with a big sale number to boost the offers, and it worked. movie is being made and the will get a % of it

based on one issue? movie studios aren't completely stupid, if you can see the numbers for what they are in 2 seconds, so can they. i think it is more likely the value of any such deal has to do with reeves being involved. but seriously, netflix seems to throw $50-100 million at anything nowadays. and we think comics are inflated?