• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jesse-Lee said:

Why is Venom #24 - specifically the main cover A - a $20 dollar book now? I can’t figure out what I’m missing about it?

Cool cover. Still waiting for Venom vs Carnage #1 2004 to pop and become a $100 alone. An awesome story and art. Something art-wise we hadn’t seen before. 

6 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Cool cover. Still waiting for Venom vs Carnage #1 2004 to pop and become a $100 alone. An awesome story and art. Something art-wise we hadn’t seen before. 

doesn't that describe about 95% of venom covers?

Interesting how Saga and Thief of Thieves both hit the scene at the same time, were blazing hot, but Saga 1 has held up. Indeed, has kept on moving along. I remember when it jumped from a $35 book to $100 in a matter of weeks and now raws that aren't even described as very high grade are selling in the $200s, 9.8s well into the $400s. I had not been watching the book in 2020 though, not sure if this is something new.

8 hours ago, the blob said:

I have exposed my 9 year old to so much inappropriate stuff he is broken at this point. We watch Invincible.

He demanded that we finish the last few episodes of Harley Quinn today. He is so pizzed Season 3 is so far off.

15 minutes ago, the blob said:

I guess Fear Agent 1 went from a $25 book to a $5 book and is now a $50-65 book. Glad i never got around to selling mine. Now I need to find them.

Makes me super happy.  I think I have a handful.  Though doesn't do me much good if I just hang on to them. 

Wonder if people will re-realize that a few issues were low printed.  I think it was 4, 5, and 11. 

Patrick 

1 minute ago, followtheleader said:

Makes me super happy.  I think I have a handful.  Though doesn't do me much good if I just hang on to them. 

Wonder if people will re-realize that a few issues were low printed.  I think it was 4, 5, and 11. 

Patrick 

Oh no, Seth Rogen is involved. 

2nd amazing comic story may go down the drain.

Patrick

1 minute ago, followtheleader said:

Patrick

I liked Preacher seasons 1 and 2. The third season went off the rails.

7 hours ago, gojira said:

Yes, I'm in France. The situation hasn't and still isn't easy here as well. Two strict confinements and we are in another semi confinement right now. We have curfew as well since the beginning of the year which means that stores close earlier than usual.

Marvel is doing OK and Image too. The problem is that we don't know what will happen next and I have to try to adjust orders predicting the future here. If there's a lockdown sales go down drastically and I still have a ton of overstock from the first two lockdowns.

This weeks DCs are ridiculous once more. No one cares about Joker #2 for example. It's just another ridiculous first appearance. Luckily a customer is going for the one per store variant which will help a little with the regular covers that won't sell.

I don't get it either, how come that Image and other independent publishers manage to continue releasing single issues at a decent price and trades as well?

Are online sales helping you any?

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:
1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

Patrick 

Patrick

I agree that definitely would scare me away only look at what happened to preacher.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Interesting how Saga and Thief of Thieves both hit the scene at the same time, were blazing hot, but Saga 1 has held up. Indeed, has kept on moving along. I remember when it jumped from a $35 book to $100 in a matter of weeks and now raws that aren't even described as very high grade are selling in the $200s, 9.8s well into the $400s. I had not been watching the book in 2020 though, not sure if this is something new.

Saga's prices were based on the story being good. The heat on ToT was mostly based on the TV option from the jump. Back then, news about TV option would cause a book to go nuclear. Not the one week jump up to $20-30 and then nothing like we see now. It was a sustained $500-800 in 9.8 for a few months...cough cough Sixth Gun.

201070025_ScreenShot2021-04-15at9_14_03PM.thumb.png.30ac55806a4a4f110a414684ff69644a.png

You can see where the pilot failed...

The prices on Saga are nothing new. #1s were selling for around that price last year and the year before, IIRC.

Edited by awakeintheashes

13 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Saga's prices were based on the story being good. The heat on ToT was mostly based on the TV option from the jump. Back then, news about TV option would cause a book to go nuclear. Not the one week jump up to $20-30 and then nothing like we see now. It was a sustained $500-800 in 9.8 for a few months...cough cough Sixth Gun.

201070025_ScreenShot2021-04-15at9_14_03PM.thumb.png.30ac55806a4a4f110a414684ff69644a.png

You can see where the pilot failed...

The prices on Saga are nothing new. #1s were selling for around that price last year and the year before, IIRC.

Kirkman's name associated with ToT helped initially.  

I actually liked the series overall.  But it definitely fell to the wayside for many buyers fairly early. 

There was a point where #1 had multiple prints coming out, people were asking heavily at the shops, etc.  

The ultimate death knell was the Image "breaks" (6 month pauses between arcs).  Only WD and Saga could get away with that. 

Patrick

Patrick

2 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Kirkman's name associated with ToT helped initially.  

I actually liked the series overall.  But it definitely fell to the wayside for many buyers fairly early. 

There was a point where #1 had multiple prints coming out, people were asking heavily at the shops, etc.  

The ultimate death knell was the Image "breaks" (6 month pauses between arcs).  Only WD and Saga could get away with that. 

Patrick

Patrick

Oh definitely. I liked it, but the $100 price on raws was pretty much all due to the TV option news. Saga and WD kept readers hooked and waiting.

1 minute ago, awakeintheashes said:

Oh definitely. I liked it, but the $100 price on raws was pretty much all due to the TV option news. Saga and WD kept readers hooked and waiting.

Agreed ( I'm guessing the Kirkman name around ToT was a solid reason for getting the option).

Guess I thought my last post was so important, I needed to sign it twice.  AHAHAHAHAHAAH

Patrick

On 4/13/2021 at 11:08 PM, 500Club said:

Yup, they can.  But they’d have to have a reason to do so.  I didn’t have a reason (until noted in this thread) and so I didn’t know, despite having a couple of copies.

More people being aware will free up more copies.

Just surprises saga has held up, but I guess chew has also held up, but there are a lot more saga 1 out there 

1 minute ago, the blob said:

Just surprises saga has held up, but I guess chew has also held up, but there are a lot more saga 1 out there 

Oh Chew, how I miss you.   Especially Guillory. 

Imagine Chew had never been in Walking Dead at the height of its' popularity. 

I honestly wonder if it would have ever made it past 6 issues. 

Patrick

19 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Oh Chew, how I miss you.   Especially Guillory. 

Imagine Chew had never been in Walking Dead at the height of its' popularity. 

I honestly wonder if it would have ever made it past 6 issues. 

Patrick

I disagree completely. It would have had a good run regardless. It had a good story and a following. Image stuff was hot then anyway. Did walking dead even have a big print run then anyway? That didn't start until about 20 issues later. It wasn't anywhere near the height of popularity.

Edited by the blob