• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, gradejunky said:

I literally figured absolutely no one was going to care about this book and ordered 0.  MM comics had great bundle deals and I just figured it would be super over-ordered or like I said first, no one would care.  You can't ever figure out this market!

True. Also, issue 4 just went to FOC before issue 1 was released. Hard to order based on demand when no issues had hit stands. 

2 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

In a market where US Agent #1 can sell for $15, it may be worth keeping an eye out for the Moon Knight Special from 1992 when you're digging through dollar bins. Features a team-up with Shang-Chi. With both being featured in other media soon, it might be worth snagging for $1-2.  

27864F13-C682-449F-88CD-8D4640DE9BB3.thumb.jpeg.ff302a90eaa6baa0c171d00b3a7bd7e1.jpeg

I never saw this book before, and I bought just about every Marvel super-hero book at that time. Definitely looks like a good short-term pickup.

With people speccing on the early Marvel Comics Presents for the Madripoor stories, it's worth noting that there's a Shang Chi story int he first 8 issues too.

3 hours ago, gradejunky said:

Batman/Fortnite!?!

I literally figured absolutely no one was going to care about this book and ordered 0.  MM comics had great bundle deals and I just figured it would be super over-ordered or like I said first, no one would care.  You can't ever figure out this market!

Kids want the skins. Its all about the skins.

2 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I never saw this book before, and I bought just about every Marvel super-hero book at that time. Definitely looks like a good short-term pickup.

With people speccing on the early Marvel Comics Presents for the Madripoor stories, it's worth noting that there's a Shang Chi story int he first 8 issues too.

I haven't seen it either.  Good recommendation.

Patrick

21 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

I am curious if this will be a short event or if they're going to give it the whole Infinity Guantlet treatment and stretch it over multiple films. I do think these will rise eventually, it's a cool story and I think fans will love it on screen. I have a few copies of #1, not sure whether to start completing sets or not but I think it'll pay off. I've got lots of much longer term spec that I think I'll be waiting maybe years for so I don't mind waiting a few more months for Secret Invasion to heat up. Think there's plenty of time to find copies of this for $5 and below. Again, these books really blow up if the show drops and is good then the casual money floods in so there's plenty of time even past when the trailers drop. HINT FOR SHANG CHI HERE.

Just look at Amazing Spider-Man annual 16... blew up with the trailer and blew up even bigger with the show. And I think they'll get Secret Invasion right and it's going to be awesome. The week to week hype and speculation we're seeing now... I think Secret Invasion will blow it out of the water... but if you can trust anything trust that I know noting lol 

It's a Disney+ series, so it might be a one-season affair.

I haven't read it but I have the 8 issues + variants. Could they tell whole story in about 8 episodes?

Just announced: Emilia Clarke from "Game of Thrones" is set to join the cast 

Any idea what character she might be playing?

4 minutes ago, jdandns said:

I haven't read it but I have the 8 issues + variants. Could they tell whole story in about 8 episodes?

The obvious guess would be Jessica Drew, but for past adaptations of comic stories the MCU has kept the basics of the story and made it work with characters already on the table.

2 hours ago, jdandns said:

Maybe Veranke the Skrull Queen. I think Spider Woman is tied up with Sony or the Olivia Wilde solo film.

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Kids want the skins. Its all about the skins.

I ordered this comic because I like reading and collecting Batman stuff.  My son loves Fortnite so I figured it would be a cool thing to add to the collection and pass off to him.  I had no clue there were skins included or that people were selling them for $25-$40.

2 minutes ago, LudaToke said:

I ordered this comic because I like reading and collecting Batman stuff.  My son loves Fortnite so I figured it would be a cool thing to add to the collection and pass off to him.  I had no clue there were skins included or that people were selling them for $25-$40.

I got the first issue because I thought that would be the only one that would pop. I wonder if 2-6 will be as much? Wish I had ordered them too.

Just now, brentdevil said:

I got the first issue because I thought that would be the only one that would pop. I wonder if 2-6 will be as much? Wish I had ordered them too.

I think Jim Lee is doing a cover for issue 3 which could be interesting.  Jim Lee's Batman is great and he could do some cool stuff with Fortnite characters.

32 minutes ago, brentdevil said:

The skins will be available in the Fortnite store (proper name?) the day of release for issues 2-6. The skin for issue 1 is the only print exclusive skin. Link

With that said, I don’t know how much skins sell for in the store or for how long they are available. Anybody here familiar with how other exclusive skins have been handled? 

Edited by awakeintheashes

51 minutes ago, brentdevil said:

Maybe Veranke the Skrull Queen. I think Spider Woman is tied up with Sony or the Olivia Wilde solo film.

Wouldn't Olivia Colman be playing any Queen? Isn't that basically all she does?

Interestingly enough, while Invincible key and early issues are selling for hefty prices, most of the rest of the run seems to be selling and listed at $3-5. Indeed, I went through a stack of about 20 issues I have and aside from one $50 book and 2 $10-12 books, it looks like everything else I had falls into that category. In this era that seems awfully cheap, particularly as many of those issues in up through the 70s had sub-20K print runs. I'm just tempted to list all my filler issues at $10-12 each with B/O and wait for the market to catch up, like it did with WD books. Once the cheap copies are bought up (which would take very little as we are only talking about a few per issue).... OR do we think folks interested in reading these are just buying TPBs or reading them online and the filler issues may never see action?