• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The official progress on my GL 1 restoration by Kenny thread

249 posts in this topic

You are right Scott. Kenny basically is a one man show, does great work, and I have to attempt to show some patience. Not my strong suit.

When he does get to it, I'm sure he will do a wonderful job

It's my fault Bill.

As soon as I mentioned to you last month I was hoping to dive into your book, the beast of a book I was currently working on took a bigger bite of my schedule then I had planned on. Typical.

That said, I am finishing up work on a WW1, and an overhaul of an Archie 1. THEN, it is on to your book in a few weeks.

Promise. :foryou:

No worries Kenny. You da man!

Can't wait to see this one!

+1

You are right Scott. Kenny basically is a one man show, does great work, and I have to attempt to show some patience. Not my strong suit.

It's my fault Bill.

As soon as I mentioned to you last month I was hoping to dive into your book, the beast of a book I was currently working on took a bigger bite of my schedule then I had planned on. Typical.

That said, I am finishing up work on a WW1, and an overhaul of an Archie 1. THEN, it is on to your book in a few weeks.

Looks like you're going to have to! lol

It's my fault Bill.

Wake me up when it's done ,

and send Bill something to read while Kenny toils.

It's my fault Bill.

:cry:

C'mon, Kenny! It's a mostly black cover! How hard can it be? :baiting:lol

As I said to Bill earlier in this thread, I will be getting to his book shortly, and even then it will be a few weeks after that until there is anything worth posting. He made this thread with nothing but good intentions, unfortunately it has caused nothing but frustration for everybody. :(

I had an Action 1 kick my butt recently, and am presently completing work on a WW 1, and Archie 1, then add in the Holidays on top of that. Which all adds up to me running behind.

I will start in on Bills book next week, and post everything I have along the way. But keep in mind, while I do the lions share of the work, it's still very much a collaboration effort between Matt and myself. There will be work done on his end.

So there won't be official after scans until Matt mails the book back to Bill.

These things take time, but the results are hopefully worth the wait.

And yeah right, it's mostly Black.

Not hard at all.

meh

8b7d4026.jpg

157b1d1f.jpg

As I said to Bill earlier in this thread, I will be getting to his book shortly, and even then it will be a few weeks after that until there is anything worth posting. He made this thread with nothing but good intentions, unfortunately it has caused nothing but frustration for everybody. :(

I had an Action 1 kick my butt recently, and am presently completing work on a WW 1, and Archie 1, then add in the Holidays on top of that. Which all adds up to me running behind.

I will start in on Bills book next week, and post everything I have along the way. But keep in mind, while I do the lions share of the work, it's still very much a collaboration effort between Matt and myself. There will be work done on his end.

So there won't be official after scans until Matt mails the book back to Bill.

These things take time, but the results are hopefully worth the wait.

And yeah right, it's mostly Black.

Not hard at all.

meh

8b7d4026.jpg

157b1d1f.jpg

So, while we're all beating you up, tongue in cheek of course, :foryou:

how's the kid ?

WTF is the turn-around times in his PLOD-'Boutique' ? (shrug)

Kenny has a lot of books waiting for him to restore. It isn't like McDonald's where you can have twenty burgers on the grill and fifty batches of fries in the fryer at the same time. It would be great if he had twenty of Santa's elves in a big warehouse with a lineup of leaf casters working 24/7, but that isn't how it is. Bummer, too, because restoration has never been better.

Two words: Gustave Doré :blahblah:

I am pretty much clueless to the restoration process, but I am enjoying popping in on the thread and getting updated...

Dear Kenny,

One day in a fit of passion, I drew a on my prized reprint of Action Comics #1.

Would it be possible for you to color touch the cover as to bring it back to it's un-peni'd beauty so I can enjoy it for many years to come?

Your expertise is without equal.

With much love and admiration,

Dice

damn! matt was never this good.

well worth the wait, imo.

I wish I could take credit for that photo, that is actually one of Matt's early jobs.

As a wee lad, Matt used to work on books, while Bill combed his 'stache.

Then they would close the shop and go out to lunch.

Those were the days.

8b7d4026.jpg

157b1d1f.jpg

Wow Kenny! Beautiful work (thumbs u

Bill is going to be so excited!

lol Bill should be sent to the corner for handing this book over to Kenny. Black cover with many cracks and stress lines, multiple pieces held together by tape, indicia needs to be filled in where paper loss has occurred, piece of cake!. :facepalm:

8b7d4026.jpg

157b1d1f.jpg

Wow Kenny! Beautiful work (thumbs u

Bill is going to be so excited!

lol Bill should be sent to the corner for handing this book over to Kenny. Black cover with many cracks and stress lines, multiple pieces held together by tape, indicia needs to be filled in where paper loss has occurred, piece of cake!. :facepalm:

:sorry:

That's ok Bill I'm sure Kenny is logging massive billable hours to make up for it. :baiting:

Matt charged Bill for this book? All I got was a pencil topper, and 3 Fruit Roll ups.

Not that I mind, I gave them to Ellen.

And not to let everyone totally down, after all this build up.

I will be starting Bills books this weekend.

We should contact the media, or the President, or somebody. :ohnoez: