• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dead Beat Bidder AF 15

3,340 posts in this topic

Yes..I guess the guy is trying to put the blame on his brother.

Not the first time that has happened.

That and the "it was my son" line as well.

:hi: Hi Andy i Love you

:blush:

Did you enjoy the show and afternoon in NY?

I thought only your wife and the Belgian loved you!!

That's after he won the damn auction! Not more than 5 miniutes after the auction!
So he wasn't home to bid...yet managed to come and post about overpaying 5 minutes later...right.

In my Universe you pay for what you buy and you don't back out of a deal

after overpaying by a couple hundred bucks. How much is a reputation worth?

He had cash and I'm cheap & easy. The perfect combination.

(I'm just hoping it's his girlfriend posting :wishluck:)

That's after he won the damn auction! Not more than 5 miniutes after the auction!
So he wasn't home to bid...yet managed to come and post about overpaying 5 minutes later...right.

Bingo! As far as I'm concerned your reputation is everything.

I did have an awesome time thanks to you. Yes this is Matt's GF i love you Andy and i always have, I actually had tickets, but i put them in the paper shredder so Matt would have to get them from you then i could see you :foryou:

I did have an awesome time thanks to you. Yes this is Matt's GF i love you Andy and i always have, I actually had tickets, but i put them in the paper shredder so Matt would have to get them from you then i could see you :foryou:

lol

All the best things that I own, I pretty much over-paid for

All the best things that I own, I pretty much over-paid for

Absolutely.

My wife being top of the list. :/

As alot of you know, I had my AF 15, CGC 1.0 on auction this past week on ebay, no reserve. Anyways the guy who one the auction is a boardie, on here. He PM, me saying that he was really interested in the AF 15, He made an offer of $2,750, but told me he wanted to make payments. I declined because I wanted the money all at once. So I told him to bid on it, via ebay, and If he won I would gave in three days to evantually pay for it. So after he won the book on ebay, he complained that he over paid for the book. So I knew that the deal was no longer vaild. In the end he pulled out of the deal, meanwhile I now have to call ebay and explain to them with happend, and try to re-coop my listing fees. Im unhappy and dissapointed that someone would bid on something and not pay for it, and pull out of the deal.
Your grammar is killing me lol. Glad you're getting the ebay fees back (thumbs u

My story aside (which if people want, I can probably prove with my call records from that day and a receipt from the Walmart I was at that shows the time of purchase), here are a couple of pms. I was ready to pay, but then it was suggested that the seller can pass it along to the next buyer.

Hey, I won the auction. I can pay you within 3-4 days if that is ok. It ended at almost exactly the same price we originally agreed on, lol.

Ok cool..Thanks.

Hey I was reading where you thought you paid too much for the book...if you think your not going to be happy let me know and I'll offer to the next guy.

I'll let you know tomorrow. My brother might be willing to pay the difference.

I need to know by today. Thanks

Also when I can expect payment...

You're probably better off passing it on. Sorry about all the confusion.

I've bought and sold tens of thousands of dollars worth of items on this board and have never backed out of a deal in the 4 years I've been here. If you want to pay for the item, then don't make the suggestion. Its as simple as that.

That being said this is my last post here. I will complete any transactions I have going, but won't post after that. I could care less if people think of me as a bad guy and a tool. Everyone makes mistakes and apparently I have to take full blame for this one.

Hey I was reading where you thought you paid too much for the book...if you think your not going to be happy let me know and I'll offer to the next guy.

Well that just takes all the fun out of organizing a lynch mob. Seems hard to whine about a buyer backing out when you indicate it is OK with you.

:sorry:

Well that just takes all the fun out of organizing a lynch mob. Seems hard to whine about a buyer backing out when you indicate it is OK with you.

:sorry:

NOTHING takes the fun out of organizing a lynch mob. It's even better than organizing a posse. Perhaps not as much overall fun as the actual posse( camping :cloud9:) but easier to organize- people can do it on their lunch hour.

My story aside (which if people want, I can probably prove with my call records from that day and a receipt from the Walmart I was at that shows the time of purchase), here are a couple of pms. I was ready to pay, but then it was suggested that the seller can pass it along to the next buyer.

Hey, I won the auction. I can pay you within 3-4 days if that is ok. It ended at almost exactly the same price we originally agreed on, lol.

Ok cool..Thanks.

I've bought and sold tens of thousands of dollars worth of items on this board and have never backed out of a deal in the 4 years I've been here. If you want to pay for the item, then don't make the suggestion. Its as simple as that.

That being said this is my last post here. I will complete any transactions I have going, but won't post after that. I could care less if people think of me as a bad guy and a tool. Everyone makes mistakes and apparently I have to take full blame for this one.

Fair enough. I'm not a fan of backing out of a deal, brother or no brother, but

it sounds like the seller didn't give us all the details. Hope you can understand

that we've seen all too many people not paying for what they've purchased.

Ok cool..Thanks.

Fair enough. I'm not a fan of backing out of a deal, brother or no brother, but

it sounds like the seller didn't give us all the details. Hope you can understand

that we've seen all too many people not paying for what they've purchased.

This is what the Probation Discussions is for: and to allow BOTH parties to state their case. But as is typical, the pitchforks come out before both sides are stated.