• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Filter81 Feedback Thread

27 posts in this topic

A Geat seller and a person to deal with and I've had a few transaction with

Adam both buying and selling and what perfect transactions they were.

One of the better sellers on the boards. (thumbs u

Thanks again Adam,

fay :foryou:

Sold some top 10 SA Keys and Adam paid lightning fast. Great communication and just an all around awesome guy! Glad I got the chance to make a deal with him. Do not hesitate to work with him.

I wouldn't be so quick to put "Adam" on a pedestal just yet.

Item in question:

Captain America 255 CGC 9.8 NM/MT WP

Saw this book listed last night with a starting bid of $9.99. I entered a starting bid of $10. About an hour later, I received a notice stating that my bid had been cancelled and the reason given was, "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available." I have been an eBay member since 1997 and I wasn't born yesterday. filter81 did a back door deal with someone.

I've attempted to contact the seller via eBay and none of my messages are being responded to.

So please be cautious when placing any eBay bids with this unethical seller.

If you're upset about someone not following the "rules" then perhaps you should decide what method of penance you'll be serving.

From the Mods rules for the use of the Kudos Forum....the VERY FIRST RULE

1) Positive feedback only. Negative issues are handled via the probation list.

Since you've been around the block so many times......

Did you know the seller was also a full time comic dealer....conventions, etc?

Did you know that many dealers list books on eBay that are in their show stock, and store owners list books that are in their store stock?

Did you know that type of brick and mortar vs. internet inventory conflict is the EXACT REASON that eBay includes, as a standard boilerplate reason, "item is no longer available".

If he sold it at a convention or elsewhere before the auction ended that is the PRIME reason that "item is no longer available" exists.

You're way out of line, with the rules of this forum, and of good taste and courtesy.

You should be tripping over yourself to apologize as soon as you get your foot out of your mouth.

Can't post for long because we are at a show. We accidentally had some books go off last night on the wrong date and time so we immediately ended the listings within minutes of them being listed not realizing one of them had a 10 dollAR bid on one of them already. I explained this via email to the poster in question within a few hours of him emailing me for the first time but never got a response back from him. When the convention we are set up at now is over I'd be happy to go into greater detail if necessary

I have received a message from Adam. He wrote: We accidentally had some books get listed on ebay on the wrong date and time which is why we ended all the listings within an hour of them being listed. Situation resolved.

My apologies to Adam and his forum supporters.

I wouldn't be so quick to put "Adam" on a pedestal just yet.

Item in question:

Captain America 255 CGC 9.8 NM/MT WP

Saw this book listed last night with a starting bid of $9.99. I entered a starting bid of $10. About an hour later, I received a notice stating that my bid had been cancelled and the reason given was, "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available." I have been an eBay member since 1997 and I wasn't born yesterday. filter81 did a back door deal with someone.

I've attempted to contact the seller via eBay and none of my messages are being responded to.

So please be cautious when placing any eBay bids with this unethical seller.

I wasn't sure if I should post this (I don't want to beat a dead horse, Jim has already written me and apologized so as far as I'm concerned, over and done with) But just so that there are no misunderstandings, since I don't want anyone thinking there are or were any shenanigans going on, I figure I should respond in a little more detail. (Thank you to everyone who chimed in earlier today while I had limited computer access and was stuck trying to type on a cell phone!)

We were set up at the Nickel City Comic Convention this weekend. Prior to leaving I had been working on listing some no reserve eBay auctions (including the Cap 255) but since I didn't finish them I scheduled them for a random later date and forgot to reschedule them. They were never intended to go off last night. (we aren't talking big books, so I would have left them up, but we will be in Chicago next week and unable to ship them when they end, so when we got the notifications that a few books went live on eBay last night, we ended the listings immediately with the intention of relisting the books when we got home from Chicago in a week and a half or so. I had no idea that one of the listings (Captain America 255 CGC 9.8) had already received a bid of $10 before the auction was cancelled.

The first time I was aware a bid had been cancelled was when Jim wrote us this E-mail through eBay at 9:40 AM this morning.

Good Morning,

I placed a bid on your Cap 255 CGC 9.8 and found out just now my bid was cancelled. And now the "Item is no longer available?" What gives?

Thank you.

(Unfortunately 9:30 AM was when the Nickel City show opened today and while we were setting up I wasn't able to check my E-mail right away)

That message was followed up by the next message from Jim at 10:42 AM saying:

"Me again. I see you are a member on the CGC chat boards. I also see you have a feedback thread. If I don't receive an explanation as to why you cancelled my bid (other than the item is no longer available), I will post in said feedback thread as to what happened and questioning your ethics."

By the time I was able to step away from the booth long enough to respond to Jim's concerns and explain to him what happened, (which didn't occur until an hour or so later) apparently he had already posted in this thread and in my kudos thread (both posts he has since deleted.)

He did send me this follow up Email an hour later:

"Adam, please accept my apologies. As for the ethics, when I see a seller cancel a bid and then see the item is no longer available, I immediately think that a behind the scenes deal was done. I spoke with an eBay rep this morning and as she explained it to me, if a seller lists an item for auction and doesn't see it through until the auction end, then the seller should not have listed it in the first place. But like you said, your listing post was an accident. Sorry for the ruckus. I will remove my posts.

Again, my sincerest of apologies.

Jim"

So as far as I'm concerned, over and done with now, and I believe Jim feels the same way. So in the end no harm done. I just thought it was important to post because I didn't want anyone thinking any eBay rules were being broken or that anything unethical was going on. Hope this clears everything up but I'm happy to answer any questions if it doesn't. :foryou:

First email 9:40am, ultimatum email 10:40am, factually inaccurate slam post here 11:40am.

At least he's patient.