• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Comic Con - April 21-22 2012

184 posts in this topic

I was in the long line last year, and also felt a bit ripped that folks without tickets got in before me. On the other hand, it was a fun crowd. People were excited to be there and I swapped some fun stories with fellow fans. I'd hate to feel ripped twice, though. I don't mind waiting, but letting ticketed patrons in first just seems right.

Bazborg

Jeffro, is your story about the place they're holding it at this year or the old place?

My story was from the venue they used in 2010. The highlight (sarcasm) was the cop coming out at one point and berating us (yes, berating us) about not being whiny little (my words, not his) and complaining about not being able to get in. Guy was a real .

Boston's finest! lol

Boston is one of the most expensive cities in the US. It has the third highest average rent, after New York and San Francisco. Cost of living, restaurants, hotels etc are comparable; last June it was ranked the 8th highest in the country. If you need cheaper, you might want to think about a hotel outside of the city.

Any fellow boardie coming to Boston for this show would like to stop by my shop, I would like to extend a $10 store credit. My sig line links to my stores Facebook page for address and hours, I would keep the shop open late on Fri PM, crank the tunes, and bring in my private stash of books for your consideration. My shop is just outside of Boston in a safe friendly seaport town. The more the merrier.

Chris

Any fellow boardie coming to Boston for this show would like to stop by my shop, I would like to extend a $10 store credit. My sig line links to my stores Facebook page for address and hours, I would keep the shop open late on Fri PM, crank the tunes, and bring in my private stash of books for your consideration. My shop is just outside of Boston in a safe friendly seaport town. The more the merrier.

Chris

hm I'll try to swing by!

Chris

hm I'll try to swing by!

it would be nice to make a party out of it, after hours ofcourse, as I said, I can crank tune til late and BYOB. Perhaps a Skittle bowl tournament. I wouldn't mind a festive event preceding any and all comic shows going down in Beantown.

Plenty of bars in that area.

he's referring to his neck of the woods, not the back bay/downtown area near the show...

Oh, um, allow me to rephrase...

Plenty of ocean scenery in that area.