• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Comic Con - April 21-22 2012

184 posts in this topic

There are plenty of places closer than blue ribbon in Arlington, not that it is a really far drive because it isn't. One of my favorite places is in Brookline right off of route 9, Village Smokehouse. Waltham has some great places on Moody st. There are lots of good BBQ joints in Boston. We love to eat here and not just seafood.

http://www.villagesmokehouse.com/brookline.html

Is that anywhere near Coolidge Corner?

Not really. I am sure you can do the drive but there will be a lot of traffic.

Whatchoo talkin 'bout Willis? It's a hop, skip, jump or quick drive. Coolidge Corner is a mile and a half from Brookline Village where the Smokehouse is located. Its a shorter trip between the two than from the show to Brookline Village.

They're nice folks, but they have zero back issues, don't carry them. None, nada, zilch. I have not been there in a while, but I asked on my last visit. They did host Jerry Robinson at his last Boston appearance, though.

Where did comicopia end up moving to? I know they closed the Kenmore Square shop that were in in the early 90's. The above link is blocked so I can't see. :(

I know the owner from the 90s and saw him at the Boston Convention last time and chatted with him a bit. Never was too into the back issue market.

(shrug) Down the street? They're still in Kenmore, but maybe its not the exact location they had in the 90s? I never went until the 2000s. They're on the outskirts of Kenmore Square, 464 Comm Ave, near the ramp/bridge for Storrow Drive.

(shrug) Down the street? They're still in Kenmore, but maybe its not the exact location they had in the 90s? I never went until the 2000s. They're on the outskirts of Kenmore Square, 464 Comm Ave, near the ramp/bridge for Storrow Drive.

It's really easy to miss. You really gotta get out and park in front of Nugget's and take a walk down the street.

You young punks...

Bet you don't remember when they were in the Brookline Village area (late 80's, early 90's). Used to have decent back issue selection then. When they moved, they had a different vision, which is actually great and perfectly suits the area. It's been almost 20 years, so it must work.

You young punks...

Bet you don't remember when they were in the Brookline Village area (late 80's, early 90's). Used to have decent back issue selection then. When they moved, they had a different vision, which is actually great and perfectly suits the area. It's been almost 20 years, so it must work.

It does for the area since most people aren't looking for back issues anyways. If you're looking for something older to even more recent back issues though New England Comics in Brookline (Coolidge Corner) has a nice space for digging stuff up, as do most of their stores, but that one in particular.

Did everyone already purchase their tickets or are you waiting to buy them at the show?

I bought them online last year and didn't have an issue, so I'll buy online again. For me, I was there early in the morning, so it was relatively quick to go through the line and into the event. I plan on doing the same this year and hopefully get into the show quickly enough to get some sketches.

I know what I want Trimpe to sign. I know what I want Eastman to sign. I know what I want Sinnott to sign. But, for some reason, I'm struggling to come up with something perfect for Wrightson to sign.

I'm assuming that if I want an Eastman then I should probably get there pretty early, eh?

I have been figuring out what books I want signed, and who I want to try and get sketches from. I am having Trimpe and Sinnott sign captain Britain 8. Wrightson I want to get a swamp thing 7, first time batman is on the cover ( I'm a big batman fan). Eastman I am going to have one of my new #1's signed or get a sketch on the Larry's blank.

I have been figuring out what books I want signed, and who I want to try and get sketches from. I am having Trimpe and Sinnott sign captain Britain 8. Wrightson I want to get a swamp thing 7, first time batman is on the cover ( I'm a big batman fan). Eastman I am going to have one of my new #1's signed or get a sketch on the Larry's blank.

But those are all MY creator pursuits. Fine, I guess you can have at them too.

Swamp Thing 7 is a solid choice. I was considering that as well.

I went to Larry's on Tuesday to track down one of his TMNT blanks but he was sold out. No good.

But those are all MY creator pursuits. Fine, I guess you can have at them too.

Swamp Thing 7 is a solid choice. I was considering that as well.

I went to Larry's on Tuesday to track down one of his TMNT blanks but he was sold out. No good.

I may have a couple of them. I'll try to look for it this weekend, if I have an extra I'll let you know.