• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine 35???? Tough to find in high grade?
1 1

723 posts in this topic

I have personally looked at more than 200 copies, maybe more than 300 and saw one without the tears. Many have nearly identical tears - the UPC box is the most common and I have probably seen 60+ copies that look identical to the one vpcomix72 posted - but the tears do vary from copy to copy and I have seen them all up and down the spine.

so your saying there's a chance???...YEAH!!!!!!!!(Jim Carey from Dumb and Dumber!!!

I do believe that there is a chance. I'm still looking (thumbs u

I have personally looked at more than 200 copies, maybe more than 300 and saw one without the tears. Many have nearly identical tears - the UPC box is the most common and I have probably seen 60+ copies that look identical to the one vpcomix72 posted - but the tears do vary from copy to copy and I have seen them all up and down the spine.

so your saying there's a chance???...YEAH!!!!!!!!(Jim Carey from Dumb and Dumber!!!

I do believe that there is a chance. I'm still looking (thumbs u

:whee:

I checked my copy and it has the defect.

But it only has one crease showing hm

maybe you should submit it and then once graded sell it to me :grin:

lol

I'm keeping it if it's a CGC 9.8 :acclaim:

:censored:

No self-respecting speculator would keep that book! :makepoint:

I checked my copy and it has the defect.

But it only has one crease showing hm

maybe you should submit it and then once graded sell it to me :grin:

lol

I'm keeping it if it's a CGC 9.8 :acclaim:

:censored:

No self-respecting speculator would keep that book! :makepoint:

Not if you have a Registry Set :grin:

lol (thumbs u

I was just kidding. I'd keep it too. :applause:

I'd sell it in a heartbeat. Just like I would've with my Hansi. I "only" got a 9.6 on it (a good grade to be sure). If it had rec'd a 9.8 it would've been gone.

"Highest graded copy" is just that, until the next one comes along. You've got to strike while the iron is hot.

lol (thumbs u

I was just kidding. I'd keep it too. :applause:

I'd sell it in a heartbeat. Just like I would've with my Hansi. I "only" got a 9.6 on it (a good grade to be sure). If it had rec'd a 9.8 it would've been gone.

"Highest graded copy" is just that, until the next one comes along. You've got to strike while the iron is hot.

I understand what you're saying.

But If I get a CGC 9.8 out of this book,the odds of finding another one is very slim.

Until I get another one,I'm keeping it :grin:

I actually went into my LCS to look for this issue because of this thread, there were about 4-5 copies of this issue. All had the stress lines except one. The one that didn't have the stress lines suffered other defects so it had no shot at a 9.8. We ended up discussing this issue to talking about his tec 27 4.0MA on comic connect. He did have a hell of a collection up for auction.

I actually went into my LCS to look for this issue because of this thread, there were about 4-5 copies of this issue. All had the stress lines except one. The one that didn't have the stress lines suffered other defects so it had no shot at a 9.8. We ended up discussing this issue to talking about his tec 27 4.0MA on comic connect. He did have a hell of a collection up for auction.
My copy has only one stress line.

Both front & back cover look pretty good hm

My copy has only one stress line.

Both front & back cover look pretty good hm

let me know how it turns out