• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis *spooned* me
2 2

575 posts in this topic

This is my first post, the first thing that has moved me. I saw a post from someone asking basically "does Metropolis deliver on the grades promised." I ordered a Mary Marvel #17 in 7.0 from Metropolis. It was a stock photo, a Davis Crippen copy.

For the most part they failed. It had a nice cover. What they did not disclose was heavy foxing along the right edge and staple rust that had long ago spread to the cover and inner pages.

In my opinion, it graded a 5.5.

To return it, I would have to forfeit the initial $10 shipping charge plus whatever it would cost me to return it.

I decided not to return it. I love my copy of Mary Marvel.

Metropolis, I hope the karma sets in on you.

I decided not to return it. I love my copy of Mary Marvel.

so what's the problem? (shrug)

He paid for something he didn't get, and the resulting pain in the @ss process of returning it, wasting his time, effort and money isn't worth it. This happens frequently on Ebay.

I smell thread pullage.

If you can smell it, your thread might be infected and you should stop pulling it immediately.

nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg