• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis *spooned* me
2 2

575 posts in this topic

O.K., I don't trust Frank and I don't know photobucket but photobucket at least seems legit. Thank you for the suggestion. Right now, I am going to contact "the board" and see what I need to do Thanks. You should see this photo.

:eek::fear:

It would be nice to see a scan of the book. Many of the Crippens have dust shadows, some foxing, and relatively poor PQ (CR-OW) but structurally still sound books so it may grade higher than you suspect.

+1

I've never met a Crippen book that didn't disappoint me in some way. Foxing, yellowing, dirty....I have stopped buying them, even slabbed as they seem to pull higher grades than I think they should.

Anyway.....sorry to interrupt the OP bashing. Please continue......

O.K., I don't trust Frank and I don't know photobucket but photobucket at least seems legit. Thank you for the suggestion. Right now, I am going to contact "the board" and see what I need to do Thanks. You should see this photo.

I think this post will be your downfall young grasshopper.

Shot dooooowwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn......in a blaze of glory!!!

It would be nice to see a scan of the book. Many of the Crippens have dust shadows, some foxing, and relatively poor PQ (CR-OW) but structurally still sound books so it may grade higher than you suspect.

+1

I've never met a Crippen book that didn't disappoint me in some way. Foxing, yellowing, dirty....I have stopped buying them, even slabbed as they seem to pull higher grades than I think they should.

Anyway.....sorry to interrupt the OP bashing. Please continue......

I own several Crippen books that are absolutely stellar, with no evidence of foxing at all. I used to avoid Crippen books like the plague, until I realized some were actually pretty nice.

However, on 70% of those found five years ago, I concur, they were given rather gratuitious grades and many are very unappealing.

Let me see if I have this straight:

1) You contacted Metropolis to buy a book.

2) You don't ask for a scan of said book, even though you see it's just a stock picture.

3) You then receive said book, and disagree with the grade.

4) They offer a refund, but you really want to keep the book, despite it upsetting you enough to come here and complain about it.

5) Now you start a thread to complain about the grading of a book, despite the fact that it couldn't be so bad since you are going to keep it.

Are you serious?

I mean, this is just completely and abjectly stupid on the buyer's part. You were lazy or careless in not asking for a scan, we have no idea what the book looks like, and now you are here demanding a response from Metro.

I'd rather jump off a cliff than be a full time dealer and deal with like this.

you left out the $10 shipping cost of returning the book :grin:

I just talked with administration and I need to go to photobucket and register an account and then I can upload the Mary Marvel #17 in question. Which I will do now. thank you for the suggested pathway.

It doesn't matter how long ago Metropolis put the falsification to me, they still did me wrong.

I won't accept compensation.

Metro came and took my baby!!!!

[font:Book Antiqua]Metro IT’S the father of my baby[/font]

:blush:

Metro took my virginity. :cry:

I heard Metro introduced Hillary Clinton and Bat Boy to each other......

Weekly World News left that part out when talking about their affair...but I know the truth.

I just talked with administration and I need to go to photobucket and register an account and then I can upload the Mary Marvel #17 in question. Which I will do now. thank you for the suggested pathway.

It doesn't matter how long ago Metropolis put the falsification to me, they still did me wrong.

I won't accept compensation.

So you're going to do what was suggested 30 minutes ago.

Why do you trust photobucket now? What made you change your mind?

How do you know you can trust the "administration?" What if they're out to get you too?

What if you get a virus from photobucket?

How do you know if you can trust anything I've just said?

Metro came and took my baby!!!!

[font:Book Antiqua]Metro IT’S the father of my baby[/font]

:blush:

Metro took my virginity. :cry:

I heard Metro introduced Hillary Clinton and Bat Boy to each other......

Weekly World News left that part out when talking about their affair...but I know the truth.

I know....my posts are idiotic.....but so is this frikkin' thread.

The Metro dead horse beatings are getting tiresome.

It doesn't matter how long ago Metropolis put the falsification to me

Quoted for linguistic awesomeness.

This is certainly Friday thread material. But haven't we had a bunch of Friday-like threads in the middle of the week lately? Its like getting your Christmas gifts on Thanksgiving....or kissing your sister....or insert some other vague analogy of your chosing.

It doesn't matter how long ago Metropolis put the falsification to me

Quoted for linguistic awesomeness.

This is certainly Friday thread material. But haven't we had a bunch of Friday-like threads in the middle of the week lately? Its like getting your Christmas gifts on Thanksgiving....or kissing your sister....or insert some other vague analogy of your chosing.

Yes. The levels of 'Tardery have been climbing to unseen heights. Thank you CG.

Welcome to the boards. Sorry about your bad experience with Metro.

+1

Hang out here, read the worthy threads and try to add your opinions to the topics that interest you. (thumbs u

Andy