• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Our Army at War #83s!
2 2

161 posts in this topic

Fantastic! Did Kubert have any reaction to seeing the book and signing it? I would think Kubert doesn't see and sign too many of these.

Bill, think about your personally witnessing this rare and historic this moment is in the history of comics- the great Joe Kubert signing the greatest war book ever and co-creating this character- the greatest comic book war character ever! The Rock.

Your 83 is now immortalized!

Congrats!

John

Fantastic! Did Kubert have any reaction to seeing the book and signing it? I would think Kubert doesn't see and sign too many of these.

Bill, think about your personally witnessing this rare and historic this moment is in the history of comics- the great Joe Kubert signing the greatest war book ever and co-creating this character- the greatest comic book war character ever! The Rock.

Congrats!

John

Thanks!

As a matter of fact he did. And if I understood him correctly, he eluded to the fact that the cover and interior splash of OAAW 83 were, in part, some of his most significant art in his early DC War work. I believe he also mentioned that this exact imagery made a lasting impact with him personally.

I am sorry if I am not quoting him accurately, but there was a tremendous amount of background noise... and in my defense, I was in a state of blissful shock at that moment. After all, the reining king of war comics was handling, and about to sign, the preeminent war book of them all.

Congrats!

John

Thanks!

As a matter of fact he did. And if I understood him correctly, he eluded to the fact that the cover and interior splash of OAAW 83 were, in part, some of his most significant art in his early DC War work. I believe he also mentioned that this exact imagery made a lasting impact with him personally.

I am sorry if I am not quoting him accurately, but there was a tremendous amount of background noise... and in my defense, I was in a state of blissful shock at that moment. After all, the reining king of war comics was handling, and about to sign, the preeminent war book of them all.

That is a great story. Goes hand in hand with the book being the top gun War book. :golfclap:

Thanks P22!

As Bronzejonny brought to light, it was not lost on me that having Joe Kubert actually sign the 83 was a highly unique moment indeed!

Providentially, the experience was coupled by the fact that the man is a walking example of a legend who persists to live by a code of grace and class. They just don't make them like that any more!

In short: *spoon* awesome!