• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect December Auction

181 posts in this topic

siegelnote.jpg

I am shocked Siegel would get tangled up in such a bald attempt to exploit the pubic.

You good sir are on fire today!

The phrase is supposed to be spelled "hare-brained," as in it's the kind of idea that you'd expect from a hare (rabbit).

Of course, Siegel probably knew that as he was making a joke.

I wouldn't count on using the hair to clone Siegel and get a person who come up with another Superman. You could end up with someone who creates "Funnyman," then sues you for royalties.

A chest x-ray of Marilyn Monroe sold for $45k last year.
:cloud9:

I once bought a pair of X-ray glasses from an ad in a comic book, secretly hoping to get a chest X-ray of Marilyn Monroe (or anyone who looked like her....), but the damn things were defective and didn't work. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I once bought a pair of X-ray glasses from an ad in a comic book, secretly hoping to get a chest X-ray of Marilyn Monroe (or anyone who looked like her....), but the damn things were defective and didn't work. GOD BLESS...

What did those X-ray glasses do, anyway? Just make a weird halo effect, or something?

What did those X-ray glasses do, anyway? Just make a weird halo effect, or something?

.....actually, my Mom wouldn't let me order them....so I never found out. I was just joking.....but I, too, would like to know what they ACTUALLY did. GOD BLESS...

Mine worked fine :whee:

Mine worked fine :whee:

Could I.....borrow them one weekend ? :headbang: GOD BLESS...

The fun starts tonight.......can't wait to see what happens! :popcorn:

I wonder how high that Action Comics #252 CGC 9.2 will go, it's already up to $19K. :o

amazing the premium on being the top census book....

Just wait until a 9.4 comes along.

I've thought the same thing... I dont mind my books gaining and losing value with the general ebb and flow of the market. But if much of my books value is based on its "highest grade" label... well one honeyhole find and my book drops suddenly and significantly....

Putting money on a top census 9.8 is pretty safe (worst case is you get some company, but keep the "top" title).

A 9.6 for early silver, or golden age books still seems pretty safe....

but once you get down into the 9.2 and 9.4 "top" census books... yeesh...