• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect December Auction

181 posts in this topic

There are 11 copies graded higher than the MH and I assume most of them are Gaines copies. I would think a non-Pedigree copy of the book would be pretty cheap. If it goes for more than $200, I think it is because it's a Mile High.

It's at $205 already, so there you go. I guess unlike the other Mitch my book pimping actually works!

90% of the EC's Mile Highs were bought long ago in the 70's by one collector. The vast majority of those 90% were later scattered to the winds as regular EC's, not as Mile High EC's. Only the ones that he already had when he bought them from Chuck were left behind.

Also, most of the Mile High EC's, being 50's books, were in lesser grade (F to VF) and were nothing special, so it's pretty hard to identify any of the books as Mile Highs. Most are not coded.

90% of the EC's Mile Highs were bought long ago in the 70's by one collector. The vast majority of those 90% were later scattered to the winds as regular EC's, not as Mile High EC's. Only the ones that he already had when he bought them from Chuck were left behind.

Also, most of the Mile High EC's, being 50's books, were in lesser grade (F to VF) and were nothing special, so it's pretty hard to identify any of the books as Mile Highs. Most are not coded.

Thanks for the information! I'll just go ahead and assume that I've already got one or two in my collection since I can't prove it one way or the other lol

Thanks for the information! I'll just go ahead and assume that I've already got one or two in my collection since I can't prove it one way or the other lol

Well, just take out that can of cedar fragrance and spray some onto the books and you should be good to go. lol

Well, just take out that can of cedar fragrance and spray some onto the books and you should be good to go. lol

Would I get a PLOD for restored smell? hm

I'm tempted to own at least one high grade World's Finest book from the Oregon collection even though I never buy them. Some really nice early 60's copies in there. Bidding seems to be very weak so late in the auction but I doubt that will last.

You never know as the World's Finest books normally tend to be pretty low on the demand scale in relationship to other DC books. I believe they normally go for a definite discount to guide. :wishluck:

I'm tempted to own at least one high grade World's Finest book from the Oregon collection even though I never buy them. Some really nice early 60's copies in there. Bidding seems to be very weak so late in the auction but I doubt that will last.

You never know as the World's Finest books normally tend to be pretty low on the demand scale in relationship to other DC books. I believe they normally go for a definite discount to guide. :wishluck:

:wishluck:

You guys just made me add about 20 books to my watch list.

You guys just made me add about 20 books to my watch list.

I was never any good at poker doh!

$3733 for the Exciting #32. Strong price.

Jive? hm

The Fighting Yanks were nuts. I didn't think that title had that much pull. I would have enjoyed having them but not at that price.

I would have enjoyed having them but not at that price.
When Cheetah says this, it means something. :o

The Cap 37 went for a tidy sum as well so it may just be continued demand for Schomburg WWII books.

$3733 for the Exciting #32. Strong price.

Jive? hm

The Fighting Yanks were nuts. I didn't think that title had that much pull. I would have enjoyed having them but not at that price.

Are you referring to the Fighting Yank title or the Black Terror run in Exciting Comics? (shrug)

The Fighting Yank title.

Did you win either of them? I suspect the bidding was high on the #10 because of that corner bump that could easily be pressed out, perhaps resulting in an upgrade to 9.4.

It may be SCS, though, and not factored into the 9.2 grade.