• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

people have nothing better to do

85 posts in this topic

Im trying to sell a beat up hulk 181 on ebay and ive put a price of 125.00 obo..Now I know I wont get the full amount im not expecting to, thats why there is the obo..Why do people insist on messaging me to tell me how beat up it is and how I will be lucky to get a few bucks out of it? Do people really have nothing better to do than criticize others? rant over

That`s the kinda fans Wolverine brings out on a Saturday night. ;)

Im trying to sell a beat up hulk 181 on ebay and ive put a price of 125.00 obo..Now I know I wont get the full amount im not expecting to, thats why there is the obo..Why do people insist on messaging me to tell me how beat up it is and how I will be lucky to get a few bucks out of it? Do people really have nothing better to do than criticize others? rant over

So to recap, you're asking a price that you know the book's not worth/won't sell for?

And the people who are pointing that out are the ones in the wrong?

hm

This is going to end perfectly.

It will end perfectly because im about to go mini golfin

Will there be beer?

We have entered the beer season. I stay sober all year long. Then 6 weeks of drink.

Word.

I have nothing better to do, so here is an image of the book in question -- LINK

hulk181poor.jpg

The comic has extensive pen marks on the cover, a page loose (interior wrap?), and "a stamp missing."

In that condition, I don't think it can grade higher than poor. On the plus side, if all the story material is intact, it is still a viable reader or gap-filler "till I get a better copy."

Whatever the grade, people are creeps for writing just to mock your price. You have "or best offer" there, after all, so obviously your price is flexible. No reason to give you grief.

I've noticed this in the past, but sometimes bidders will purposely send somebody a bunch of lowball offers and insulting "that's worthless" types of messages just to give the seller the impression their item is a piece of junk they should almost give away. Then that same person will come in using his real account and make a somewhat higher lowball offer, hoping the seller will think it's the best he's going to get, so he should accept it. (Yes, people really do this.)

One note to the seller: I recommend you take a full-comic photo to show the edges on all 4 sides. A shot of the back cover would also be nice, along with a photo that shows the stamp that is missing and the loose page.

And to reiterate: I have nothing better to do.

Take a good look folks.

That there's a well-loved comic book.

The beauty about comics is not only the artwork but what each comic has lived through from the time it rolled off the presses.

How it as delivered.

What kind of coffee the delivery guy was drinking that morning.

Who held it.

How they felt when the bought it.

What they did when the read it. Did they eat before or afterwards?

How it made them feel after they read it.

Who they told the story about afterwards.

Stamps and coins just don't do it for me on a level that comics do.

It's truly a beautiful hobby through and through.

Take a good look folks.

The beauty about comics is not only the artwork but what each comic has lived through from the time it rolled off the presses.

How it as delivered.

Who held it.

Please don't list those artifacts.

Comic books possess my heart.

I was gonna send a funny comment to you via eBay OP but wow that is such an ugly cover not worth coming up with something to send via eBay. So instead I just sent a lowball offer of $1.

:)

I don't think that book would grade 1.5 though in that condition as others have mentioned. They may be the ugliest Hulk 181 to ever appear on the bay.

Take a good look folks.

How it as delivered.

Who held it.

Were they pensive when they doodled on the cover?

Did they believe they would get real sea-horses when they cut out that coupon?

Did they try to stay in the lines when colouring in Wolverine's claws?

Did they really think they could get $125 for it?