• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

people have nothing better to do

85 posts in this topic

QFT :whistle:

Ah yes, Quantum Field Theory.

My apologies if this is all very common knowledge and you've already seen these links hundreds of times.

It is, in fact, very common knowledge.

Well then...my appy polly logies.

Basically, it says if the MVS is missing, the value of the book drops by 75% or more.

According to whom...? I mean, outside the self-proclamation of those self-appointed experts....do they have market data to back said claim up?

If you dispute those claims, by all means relate your own information and experience about how clipped-out stamps affect the grade of comic books.

You have not answered the questions, and have interpreted falsely, despite my qualifying sentence that directly followed.

Bad Hicky. BAD!

But I'll throw you a bone: Hulk #181 is a special case.

There. That ought to help.

Indubitably.

You have not answered the questions, and have interpreted falsely, despite my qualifying sentence that directly followed.

Nothing was falsely interpreted. If you have something to contribute to the discussion of the OP's comic book and its value, go for it.

I'll spell it out for you.

As was stated, this book is a special case.

Nothing wrong with asking more for it with the offer button.

Probably best to mention the MVS.

Good luck, you never know.

Succinct.

I've noticed this in the past, but sometimes bidders will purposely send somebody a bunch of lowball offers and insulting "that's worthless" types of messages just to give the seller the impression their item is a piece of junk they should almost give away. Then that same person will come in using his real account and make a somewhat higher lowball offer, hoping the seller will think it's the best he's going to get, so he should accept it. (Yes, people really do this.)

+1

The zero and 12 feedback offers look to fit this. But it's not always low feedbacks. Someone could always have a friend with a decent account make the lowball offer.

As RMA said, this book is a special case too. The demand is extremely high, so people frequently overpay just to own a copy.

I sold low grade copy here on the boards a year ago to upgrade to a nicer copy. I thought my price was high, and I would get offers through PM's, but it sold in less than a minute for full price. You never know with this book.

I bet that Hulk 181 is worth money. Let's discuss how much in detail. Probe the issue. Explore the FMV. This needs be done. Let the light of reason be our guide. Death to our enemies also.

I watched lots of hulk 181 issues on ebay so im pretty confident around the price im asking..And yes the stamp being cut out in the hulk 181 lowers the value but usually nowhere near 75%..

From the eBay buyers perspective, this is what you are competing with:

HULK 181 (MVS Missing)

So it's understandable that they would think you are priced too high.

Just my 2c

I watched lots of hulk 181 issues on ebay so im pretty confident around the price im asking..And yes the stamp being cut out in the hulk 181 lowers the value but usually nowhere near 75%..

HULK 181 (MVS Missing)

Just my 2c

suprising thats all it went for, ive seen lots in that condition go for close to 200.00, but that was sometime last year..Thats all why there is the best offer button so people can submit a offer.

HULK 181 (MVS Missing)

Just my 2c

suprising thats all it went for, ive seen lots in that condition go for close to 200.00, but that was sometime last year..Thats all why there is the best offer button so people can submit a offer.

Yeah, prices have dropped over the last 6 months unfortunately.

You might get a better price if you waited until that particular completed listing dropped off the radar screen, because until then it's going to be the yardstick with which they compare your book.

You are right about the "best offer" button, but some some people might be a little timid to use it. As you have experienced with unwanted emails from buyers, some sellers can be a little rude with their responses to best offers.

Nothing was falsely interpreted.

Oh, but indeed it was.

If you have something to contribute to the discussion of the OP's comic book and its value, go for it.

I already have.

What more were you looking for...?

:luhv:

(PS. Thanks for the permission.)

Nothing was falsely interpreted. If you have something to contribute to the discussion of the OP's comic book and its value, go for it.

Oh, and going back to post #5243274 of yours up there, if you're going to quote, quote in entirety. Your edit of your original statement has changed the context of my reply.

I wasn't disputing the general concept that missing MVSs decrease the value of an average book by 75%, which is most certainly true, but rather this specific book. The key phrase is "this is a low-value book", which you edited out of your original comment.

Bad Hicky. BAD!

:whee:

Clarity RULES!

I wasn't disputing the general concept that missing MVSs decrease the value of an average book by 75%, which is most certainly true, but rather this specific book. The key phrase is "this is a low-value book", which you edited out of your original comment.

Ah, so you admit you were disputing it, which confirms my statement that nothing was falsely interpreted. Editing was done solely to reduce the size of the post, as I assume most readers have functioning memories, and since I personally grow tired of posts that become long chains of nested replies.

Gotta say, I have no idea what's up your bum. All I did was post some links and paraphrase what they said. I didn't say that the statements of the people linked to necessarily had to apply to this comic book, since I was not speaking on behalf of those people or declaring them infallible. Yes, it is a key/1st-app issue, sought after, and of course "worth whatever somebody is willing to pay."

Good luck to the Original Poster in getting a desired price for his well-loved comic. Good luck to all others in dealing with their personal demons.

Ah, so you admit you were disputing it, which confirms my statement that nothing was falsely interpreted.

Au contraire. That's not the "false interpretation" to which I refer.

Study it for a second...you should be able to figure it out.

(Oh, and your logic path is bent in a couple of places. You keep leaping to erroneous conclusions, instead of asking for clarity on purposely vague statements. You've done this before.)

Gotta say, I have no idea what's up your bum.

See? I told you you'd find it.

One false interpretation, served hot.

(thumbs u

When I have noting better to do I usually go into a quiet room with a box of kleenex and... oh you know the rest. :blush:

It takes a whole box? You're such a beast. (worship)

HULK 181 (MVS Missing)

Just my 2c

Actually you are absolutely correct. This seller left $100 on the table. That book was purchased as a BIN less than an hour after it was listed. It's a $200 book, at least. I would have bought it myself in a second.

HULK 181 (MVS Missing)

Just my 2c

Actually you are absolutely correct. This seller left $100 on the table. That book was purchased as a BIN less than an hour after it was listed. It's a $200 book, at least. I would have bought it myself in a second.

buy mine then lol

HULK 181 (MVS Missing)

Just my 2c

buy mine then lol

You are asking way too much and it's really beat up and defaced. :baiting: