• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay seller help?

38 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I've gotten back into collecting comics in the last couple of months after a 7 year hiatus. I've done most of my buying on Ebay and so far at least half of the books I've gotten have been overgraded badly. The worst was a VG- book with a glued spine that was being sold as a VF by a guy that had a decent feedback rating. I had a problem with Neatstuff and currently have a problem with ComicKeys, both supposedly reputable sellers. Just read a post on here that ComicKeys sells restored stuff. Is his grading for real? The book I bought from him over 3 weeks ago still hasn't arrived and he's ignoring my last couple of emails. Anyway, any help on which sellers to watch out for would be greatly appreciated. Also ones that grade fairly?

Thanks

If anyone has a current problem with COMIC KEYS as far as a transaction goes, I sure don't know anything about it, James Rudd!! What happened to Wahoo Fury? I figured you'd be reinvoking your Wahoo personae instead of creating another now that we know who Hammer is. Too obvious, huh? Isn't that a coincidence? No one has had a "problem" with or has had any fabricated "horror stories" about Comic-Keys for MONTHS. Then a revelation comes to light about Meth/Hammer posting and here's FF with the same old BS! This is PURE camp as well as pure BS and was extremely predictibile!

I'll play along Jamie. Gee willikers! What book did "disreputable" me Shaft you on? Make it a good one now.

Nah, anything useful I can say in these forums has been said already.

I'm not wahoofury...his posts were all full of abusive . I've got a guess as to who he was, but it wasn't me. I've only got one account on ebay and one on here.

O.K. I'm new to this whole forum thing. I'm not whoever it is you think I am. I don't have a "horror story" about ComicKeys yet, but it's heading that direction. And exactly why would YOU be aware of it if I did? There seems to be a lot of bickering on this forum between people with multiple accounts and so forth. Honestly I am new to this whole thing and was looking for some input from people that have been dealing on Ebay.

Uh, hammertime is one and the same as "ComicKeys", so you're talking to the source of your alleged problem. So lay it all out here so you guys can bring it to closure...we eagerly await the resolution!

And as we all know our profiles are all true and accurate....

Definitely true and accurate. For example, I have been posting from inside a 3 star restaurant in Paris for the past few months.

OK, First there's a problem with Comic-Keys, as "EVERYBODY" seems to have an "ALLEGED" problem with COMIC-KEYS until pressed for what the actual problem is, right? NOW, the story has already somewhat changed and you're POSSIBLY "heading in the direction" of a problem with (from your own mouth), a "DISREPUTABLE SELLER" (Comic-Keys). When are you going to lay out in detail exactly what this PROBLEM stemming from disreputation you're possibly, maybe, perchance, potentially are heading in the general vicinity of a "horror story" with?

How about NeatStuff? They just hit me for $1700.00 (for now). What'd they possibly, maybe, hit you for?

Hey Bugaboo, THIS is why star ratings on this Forum mean absolutely NOTHING! Lord Rahl just signed on 3 posts ago, has said nothing more than he has a problem with Comic-Keys, hasn't even said what the problem is or PROVEN it (it's actually James Rudd, FF, with another name) and he already has 2 stars despite my giving him 1 star already. The stars are nothing more than a popularity rating and have NOTHING to do with post content concerning Comics. If someone signed on and posted nothing more than F.U.Comic-Keys, they're rating would NEVER dip below 5 stars. Jealousy, and not following the flock to the grading Communion table really pisses everyone off right here in the CGC House of Worship, doesn't it?

Wrong answer. You know it, I know it. And the guys that already gave him 5 stars for doing nothing more than mentioning Comic-Keys in a negative light, know it. Plus, if you'll notice, he's already up to 3 stars for PROVING NOTHING (1 star more than you, soon to be 4, for just posting 3 times and "singing" the right "hymn" in Church). Just the IDEA behind what he said. This proves my point entirely. Every point I've ever made in CGC church.

O.K. Hammer. ebay auction I won this auction on Dec 10th, that's almost 3 weeks ago. I still don't have the book. I emailed comic keys on the 22nd telling him that I hadn't received the book. This was the reply: I'm currently on call at my Hospital office and will be home tomorrow

night. As soon as I arrive at home, I will pull the insured slip and give you

the number. I know that we lost one day out of two weekly pickups at our

Hospital postal drop off depot due to an electrical fire. This may have

accounted for the delay as the lines at the regular PO usually prohibit my

making a postal run at this time of year and I rely on the Hosp. depot for my

mailing needs. Please bear with me, I'm on it and I haven't lost a parcel

yet! I'll e-you tomorrow night. Thank you C. -Richard O.K. no problem, things happen. However by Friday I still hadn't received the number from the insured slip. I emailed again on Friday telling Richard that I still didn't have the book nor had I heard from him about the insurance number. I haven't heard anything since that first email on the 23rd. The reason I say that things are heading in a bad direction is that 3 weeks is too long to wait for a book that was supposed to be shipped priority mail and the seller hasn't contacted me in the last week as he said he would do. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, that's why I haven't contacted Paypal or my credit card company to dispute the charges. The reason I mentioned comic keys in my original post is because I saw a problem developing and since his feedback is private I thought someone would have some info that had dealt with him before. So there is your detailed problem that is possibly heading in the wrong direction. I did not say that comic keys was a "disreputable seller" nor was I aware that there is general animosity among other people posting on this site toward him. I was looking for info that would perhaps let me make more informed decisions when bidding on auctions, didn't realize I was walking into a soap opera. Anyway if anyone has any useful info as to my original question I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Chris, In my last two emails to you: on 12/24 , 4:46AM EST, I stated:

"Please don't worry. I haven't lost one yet and I'm not about to. As soon as I get home from work, I will email the shipping number to you. Please bear with me, difficult time of year" or something to that effect, right?

Then on 12/26 (12/25 was X-mas day) I emailed you, "I have started a trace, completing necessary paperwork at the post office for insured parcel _____, etc. etc. Yatta, yatta..I'll let you know as soon as I hear something from the post office".

End of quotes.

I have heard nothing as of yet from the Post office and probably won't until after Jan 1st. We're dealing with consecutive Postal Holidays. If it was up to me, you'd have had the book when I mailed it out about 10 days ago!! But it's not up to me. It IS up to me to make sure that you get what you paid for, and I definitely am responsible to do so, for your book or your money. Please, let's give the proper chain of protocol a chance to knock the parcel loose from wherever it went.

In the same week that I mailed your book out, I mailed out a $16,000 Spiderman 1, a $2800 Spiderman 40, and an assortment of other $1000 and up items that already got where they were going. This has nothing to do with wanting to bilk anyone out of $56.00 or being insensitive to your request. It's simply a mishandled or misdirected parcel and in all probability either you or I will be receiving it in the mail shortly. There's no problem, not even the potential for one, when you take these things into consideration.

Hammer,

I never received an email on the 26th. The last time I heard from you was on the 23rd. I understand that things get fouled up with the post office and I'm patient about stuff like that. What worried me is that I hadn't heard from you. I wasn't accusing you of anything. Obviously there was some miscommunication along the way. Let me know what you find out with the USPS.

Hey Bugaboo, THIS is why star ratings on this Forum mean absolutely NOTHING!

Hammer.......you have one star......I'd say they are pretty accurate. And I like this LordRahl guy.......I just gave him 5 stars too. laugh.gif

LordRahl.......consider this a cheap lesson......at least you didn't spend thousands on a book from him and have it arrive with color touch and the cover trimmed. And he doesn't answer your emails because he's too short to reach his keyboard. smirk.gif

I can say nothing to defend myself here as Arch has made it perfectly clear, that if I do so, somehow trying to interfere when someone wishes to slander me, I won't just be in the Penalty box, but barred again as well. Rave on Bugaboo. (Is that OK Arch? Can I tell Bugaboo to keep giving it to me with both barrels? Am I standing still enough for him?) Hammer/Meth