• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAN EXPO CANADA™ 2012 - AUGUST 23-26 in Toronto, Canada

248 posts in this topic

I don't want to start a 'thing' as has happened in the past but I did wonder if CGC was actually going to show up this time?

As stated in the past. That is completely up to CGC.

Obviously it is. I just wondered if there was a deal in place for this year realizing it is unlikely.

CGC was there last year and I would bet they will be there this year.

CGC was NOT at FanExpo last year. They were at there in 2010, though, when FanExpo was in the north building.

Joe P and CGC's presence were there last year. All my books got SS slabbed. GOTHAMCENTRAL was accepting submissions...

OK, fair enough. But CGC didn't have a booth, like they did in 2010.

Good to see DWC is back this year to accept Stan submissions.

I don't want to start a 'thing' as has happened in the past but I did wonder if CGC was actually going to show up this time?

As stated in the past. That is completely up to CGC.

Obviously it is. I just wondered if there was a deal in place for this year realizing it is unlikely.

CGC was there last year and I would bet they will be there this year.

CGC was NOT at FanExpo last year. They were at there in 2010, though, when FanExpo was in the north building.

Joe P and CGC's presence were there last year. All my books got SS slabbed. GOTHAMCENTRAL was accepting submissions...

OK, fair enough. But CGC didn't have a booth, like they did in 2010.

Good to see DWC is back this year to accept Stan submissions.

There is really no difference. We could hang a banner if you prefer. ;)

Finally Fanexpo will have multiple facilitators. It's certainly a big enough show.

Finally Fanexpo will have multiple facilitators. It's certainly a big enough show.

Where is everyone going to hand around when they're bored?

There is a difference in that they are not there to answer questions in regard to grading, accept large submissions for grading, etc. You are simply looking at it from a Sig Series POV.

Joe walking around is great but not really CGC representation as an exhibitor. They have no physical presence without a booth.

You are simply looking at it from a Sig Series POV.

I think he is looking it at it from the proper point of view. :cloud9:

I own one Sig Series book and I wish it didn't have the sig on it.

:sumo:

I have 600 Yellow labels and probably still 100 blue labels, and I wish the blue labels were all yellow.

Which one?

There is a difference in that they are not there to answer questions in regard to grading, accept large submissions for grading, etc. You are simply looking at it from a Sig Series POV.

Joe walking around is great but not really CGC representation as an exhibitor. They have no physical presence without a booth.

Joe had part of the booth. Submissions were taken for all tiers and not just SS. There were many questions asked about grading. Quite simply all that was missing was a banner and CGC listed on the program.

Today is looking like a good day. :popcorn:

DWC is suppose to have a booth and we will be accepting ALL submissions. As for questions we do answer questions for both blue and yellow label. I hope that helps.

I hope that helps.

I'm good as far as the CGC thing goes. :whistle:

I was speaking more towards Branget promoting awareness publicly of the product, and that is what a CGC banner would be for.

We also accept submissions for all blue label tiers at the Comic Book Lounge and Gallery/Toronto Cartoonists Workshop booth (formerly the Dragon Lady Comics booth).

We haven't clarified our position on Signature Series for Fan Expo Canada 2012 yet, but if we do, we will not be accepting submissions for Stan Lee as those requests go through DWC as per Stan.

We also accept submissions for all blue label tiers at the Comic Book Lounge and Gallery/Toronto Cartoonists Workshop booth (formerly the Dragon Lady Comics booth).

We haven't clarified our position on Signature Series for Fan Expo Canada 2012 yet, but if we do, we will not be accepting submissions for Stan Lee as those requests go through DWC as per Stan.

Kevin Smith?

I hope that helps.

I was speaking more towards Branget promoting awareness publicly of the product, and that is what a CGC banner would be for.

I could bring my banner. :)

It's not very big though. :(

I hope that helps.

I could bring my banner. :)

It's not very big though. :(

That's what she said

Desert Wind is only licensed to accept Stan Lee SS at Fan Expo Canada and Desert Wind has nothing to do with bringing Stan Lee to Fan Expo Canada.

Staff/Fan Expo Canada