• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAN EXPO CANADA™ 2012 - AUGUST 23-26 in Toronto, Canada

248 posts in this topic

Desert Wind is only licensed to accept Stan Lee SS at Fan Expo Canada and Desert Wind has nothing to do with bringing Stan Lee to Fan Expo Canada.

Staff/Fan Expo Canada

Aman, I would suggest letting CGC know if you have not already on this matter being the show owner/promoter.

I see the prices for the ticket packages are out with the exception of the 'ultimate packages'. Is it safe to assume the ultimate package prices will be out prior to April 1st to insure that we have an opportunity to choose between a deluxe ticket or an ultimate one?

I didn't see any mention of the ultimate package, where is that mentioned? Price to ship the tickets seemed quite high, $20.

I may have misnamed it. I am speaking of the 'Stan Lee' or Patrick Stewert' package. This all said I just noticed that the ultimate packages are not admission so that would have to purchased regardless.

Is there any difference between the Premium and Deluxe pass beyond the Swag? Does the premium pass allow me to avoid the lines or would I be in the same line as the Deluxe pass and the day passes? As well, can I pick up the tickets in advance or is there a cheaper way of mailing them than the $20 mailing option mentioned on the site. As much info regarding all of this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

From my experiences last year, Premium and Deluxe had different lines going into the MTCC entrance (regular daily admission entrance was the load-in entrance).

Once the front doors opened, both the Premium and Deluxe were merged into the same line to get into the con floor.

As for picking up the tickets, the box office was opened a day or two in advance, last year, just for advanced tickets purchase pick-ups. I don't think that was announced, but it was on the ticket barcode print-out, after you completed the transaction. I'm not sure if they are doing the same thing, with being able to pick-up your passes in advance.

$20 shipping was the same price as last year. Personally, I didn't mind the price. Then again, that was split amongst six people. That being said, if I did know about being able to pick-up the passes before the con, I probably would have avoided the shipping.

Thanks Jason. I have always done day passes, but was considering buying a premium pass. In your opinion, beyond the Swag, which has not been announced yet, the knowledge that both lines merge, is there any difference or advantage to buying the Premium pass over the Deluxe and is it worth the extra $40? What I am gathering you are paying the extra $40 for the swag, which could go towards something else, am I wrong?

Since you are local, you would be able to use the Premium to enter into the other cons, put on by Hobbystar, throughout the year (until July 2013). Don't know what the con schedule will be like, after Fan Expo, or if you are an Anime fan (I'm not, but many are), that does make up for part of the cost, saving some money for entrance fees at the other cons. If you are just into comics, the two comic cons, since August, would have saved you $28 on admission fee.

And, if you are not interested in the Exclusive comic, they usually sell for $20+ on eBay.

One would assume they would make it more efficient, e.g. have 2 entrances for deluxe/premium pass holders or the opportunity to purchase limited line bypass tickets or include that option in the premium pass. I have no desire to line up a couple of hours before the doors open to only get in 20min after it starts. I was hoping the deluxe/premium tickets would help me avoid that issue. Some of the sketch opportunities filled up in the first 20min and I was hoping to improve my odds this year.

One would assume they would make it more efficient, e.g. have 2 entrances for deluxe/premium pass holders or the opportunity to purchase limited line bypass tickets or include that option in the premium pass. I have no desire to line up a couple of hours before the doors open to only get in 20min after it starts. I was hoping the deluxe/premium tickets would help me avoid that issue. Some of the sketch opportunities filled up in the first 20min and I was hoping to improve my odds this year.

My experience from last year, I was in the Premium Pass line. Next queue over was the deluxe. Both of these lines were at the front of the entrance to the MTCC South Building. Single day tickets were being let in through the loading dock entrance.

That already is your separate entrances to distinguish Premium/Deluxe and the single day. Single days were not allowed to enter through the main entrance of the South building. I don't even think they were allowed to enter onto the 600 level of the South building, unless you were coming up the escalator.

Once they got the Premium/Deluxe onto the 800 level (con floor level), when it was time to open the doors, they just opened all of them, for anyone with those passes, to get onto the floor. Seemed like a quick process, other than the doors opening 15 minutes late.

No, two years ago was a disaster but last year was pretty good (or so I thought). What I want to know this year is what door is best to go in? I am starting to think the south entrance is easier.