• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Spider-Man 1 Signed Edition CGC 9.8 SS Stan Lee 9/100 - SOLD!
1 1

36 posts in this topic

Just Graded!!!

001 Ultimate Spider-Man 1 11/11 Marvel Comics Signed Edition Signature 9.8 WHITE SIGNED & ""WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY!"" BY STAN LEE ON 8/18/11 (CGC NUMBERED ""9/100"")

Poly-bag removed.

Ultimate Spider-Man 1 Signed Edition CGC 9.8 SS Signed by Stan Lee with the added "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility!" First new Black/African American (for you PC folk) Spider-Man!

The book is numbered #9 of 100.

This is the SIGNED EDITION! Only 100 produced and signed by Stan Lee in his offices in the presence of Joe Pierson of CGC. These 100 copies were then put back into circulation with the regular print run and polybagged. They have slightly different front cover (Says Variant + is lighter), and if I recall a completely different back cover (COA actually printed on back). Another regular cover was actually wrapped around the book before it was polybagged so someone couldn't see that it was the signed edition. I forgot to take a pic before I subbed to CGC at WW Austin where I found the book.

Only the first 10 of 100 were signed "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility". For more information on the rarity of this book check this CGC News Article:

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=2355&Ultimate-Comics-Spider-Man-#1

At this time I'm aware of only 4 of the 10 being found. I've been told 2 others were recently graded 9.6 by CGC, and a raw VF+ copy sold on eBay for $1400 last month. :o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Comics-Spider-man-1-Stan-Lee-Signed-/140617049725?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20bd6de67d

I'm asking $5000 shipped, and the book is currently on hold until I hear back from my two Ultimate Spider-Man 9.8 pre-screen subscribers (they have dibs).

Serious inquiries only. If the book doesn't sell I will just hold onto it.

SOLD!!!

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

Edited by BeachBum

Wow. I'd never heard of this. How do they still get the SS label? I thought SS books couldn't leave the presence of the witness.

Click on the first link and check out that article. CGC actually witnessed Stan Lee sign each of these books before they were placed in the polybags and sent out.

In my opinion, this is the CGC should be going :).

K.

I wish I could say I pulled it on my own but I found it at a dealer in Austin. The funny thing is I passed on the book when I looked at it at the Long Beach Comic Con. I thought it would be Qualified, + I didn't want to pay that much $$$$$$ for it.

The fact that it would be SS & only the first ten were signed "With Great Power..." was pointed out to me at Austin and I will always be in that person's debt.

I wish I could say I pulled it on my own but I found it at a dealer in Austin. The funny thing is I passed on the book when I looked at it at the Long Beach Comic Con. I thought it would be Qualified, + I didn't want to pay that much $$$$$$ for it.

The fact that it would be SS & only the first ten were signed "With Great Power..." was pointed out to me at Austin and I will always be in that person's debt.

I'd say you owe that person a real nice christmas gift!!!