• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pressing

361 posts in this topic

In before the people screaming about pressing threads - I still say it should be a sticky topic, because lots of N00bs, including myself, hear about it on the boards before we really know what it is and have questions. A sticky topic would avoid a new thread every other month about it!

In before the people screaming about pressing threads - I still say it should be a sticky topic, because lots of N00bs, including myself, hear about it on the boards before we really know what it is and have questions. A sticky topic would avoid a new thread every other month about it!

I understand what you are saying, but the topic shouldn't be stickied.

A simple search will return dozens of threads about pressing.

sometimes i hear people talking about pressing a comic book .. what is that exactly and does it affect grade count as restoration and affect value of comic ????
it could increase the grade and it isn't restoration.

.... well, according to CGC at least. Then again, they do earn plenty of money from resubs so they're hardly impartial. (shrug)

sometimes i hear people talking about pressing a comic book .. what is that exactly and does it affect grade count as restoration and affect value of comic ????

.... well, according to CGC at least. Then again, they do earn plenty of money from resubs so they're hardly impartial. (shrug)

Impartiality aside, pressing is not restoration.

Can we at least call it fixification?

No, it's pressing.

:o

i never knew the details of it , if it was a bad thing or not , i usually tried to stay away from anything pressed .

i mean the word pressed kinda gives it away but didnt know it can fix certain stuff without it being considered a restoration .

No, it's pressing.

If nobody sees the comic pressed does it make a sound?