• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are these DELLs worth?

5 posts in this topic

I have an opportunity to buy a small collection of mostly Dell comics, most from the late 1950s, with grades in the GD/VG to FN+ range, and all from a local seller who says he got them from his grandparents... 26 comics total. There's also a Superman #108 (in about GD/VG). Here's the list:

DELLS:

Dell Giant -- Sleeping Beauty #1 1959

Hugh O'Brien Wyatt Earp "Authorized Edition"

Dell Junior Treasury - The Adv. of Tom Sawyer #10

Dell Junior Treasury - Heidi #6

FOUR COLORS:

Walt Disney's 20,000 Leauges Under Sea #614 (Movie Classic)

Around the World in 80 Days #784

Jim Bowie #893

Walt Disney's Adventures of Tinker Bell #896

Sea Hunt #928

Walt Disney New Adventures of Tinker Bell #982

Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty Fairy Godmother #984

Journey Into Center of Earth #1060

Walt Scott's Christmas Stories #1062

Bugs Bunny's Merry Christmas #1064

77 Sunset Strip #1066

The Real McCoys #1071

Annette's Life Story #1100

77 Sunset Strip #1106

Bonanza #1110

Boy and the Pirates #1117

Hercules Unchained #1121 (Movie Classic)

Walt Disney Pollyanna #1129

OTHER:

Tor #3

Nature Boy #4

Superman #108

Homer the Happy Ghost #15

------------

Just curious for any insight regarding what these are collectively worth and what I should offer the guy. I haven't bought or sold Dells much.

I have an opportunity to buy a small collection of mostly Dell comics, most from the late 1950s, with grades in the GD/VG to FN+ range, and all from a local seller who says he got them from his grandparents... 26 comics total. There's also a Superman #108 (in about GD/VG). Here's the list:

DELLS:

Dell Giant -- Sleeping Beauty #1 1959

Hugh O'Brien Wyatt Earp "Authorized Edition"

Dell Junior Treasury - The Adv. of Tom Sawyer #10

Dell Junior Treasury - Heidi #6

FOUR COLORS:

Walt Disney's 20,000 Leauges Under Sea #614 (Movie Classic)

Around the World in 80 Days #784

Jim Bowie #893

Walt Disney's Adventures of Tinker Bell #896

Sea Hunt #928

Walt Disney New Adventures of Tinker Bell #982

Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty Fairy Godmother #984

Journey Into Center of Earth #1060

Walt Scott's Christmas Stories #1062

Bugs Bunny's Merry Christmas #1064

77 Sunset Strip #1066

The Real McCoys #1071

Annette's Life Story #1100

77 Sunset Strip #1106

Bonanza #1110

Boy and the Pirates #1117

Hercules Unchained #1121 (Movie Classic)

Walt Disney Pollyanna #1129

OTHER:

Tor #3

Nature Boy #4

Superman #108

Homer the Happy Ghost #15

------------

Just curious for any insight regarding what these are collectively worth and what I should offer the guy. I haven't bought or sold Dells much.

In the condition you stated and knowing what I've seen in dealer's $5 boxes, I'd guess these are $5 books.

I figured as much. The guy seems to believe they should sell for several hundred... I think he has built up the value in his mind. To be fair, there are a couple issues that might be in the VF range.
Do you just want to buy and resell? I believe there's a few cool books here, not knowing exact grades, but the tv titles (Sunset Strip, Bonanza, Annette) must be going for at least $25 in good. The Supes #108 must be a $50 book. I would look at these closer. I understand these are not popular titles, but they may prove interesting to those collecting the non hero or monster genres.

I figured as much. The guy seems to believe they should sell for several hundred... I think he has built up the value in his mind. To be fair, there are a couple issues that might be in the VF range.
Do you just want to buy and resell? I believe there's a few cool books here, not knowing exact grades, but the tv titles (Sunset Strip, Bonanza, Annette) must be going for at least $25 in good. The Supes #108 must be a $50 book. I would look at these closer. I understand these are not popular titles, but they may prove interesting to those collecting the non hero or monster genres.

My idea is read them all, then keep my favorite 1/3 and sell the other 2/3 or as many as it takes to break even. I think you're right about the TV titles.... I want to make this guy a decent offer that still leaves me room to come out slightly ahead.