• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOP 5 GRAILS - THAT YOU OWN

1,214 posts in this topic

TOD #10 CGC 9.6

Hulk #181 CGC 9.4

MS #5 CGC 9.4

ASM #14 CGC 9.0

GS X-men #1 CGC 9.4

Am. Adventures #11 CGC 9.4

Tales to Astonish #27 CGC 4.0

Fantastic Four #48 CGC 9.0

ASM #129 CGC 9.2

ASM #136 CGC 9.6

Strange Tales #135 CGC 9.2

Sgt. Fury #1 coffee cup circle stain variant "raw" 1.8

Captain Marvel Jr. #4 - VG/FN - Love that "V" for Victory cover.

Captain America #59 - VF

AF 15 - FN ® - autographed by Stan Lee cool.gif

FF 1 - GD - autographed by Stan Lee cool.gifcool.gif

Original art to Avengers v.3 #54 - opening splash and the next 5 pages where Cap kicks the 893censored-thumb.gif out of Kang.

Personal favorite Marvels are

Avengers #12 - 9.2

Conan #1 - 9.4

Iron Man # 55 - 9.4

Amazing Spider-Man # 121 -9.4

Iron Fist #14 - 9.4

One cool cover F.F #121 - 9.4

I don't have them nearby to see the grades ,all unslabbed : Brave& the Bold # 28

Fantastic Four # 1 signed by Stan Lee!!

Amazing Fantasy # 15

Hulk # 1

Hit Comics # 5 My Personal Fave!!! Lou Fine Classic Cover!!! cloud9.gif I could go on & on but you said 5 so Im stopping now!!! 893frustrated.gif

1) Incredible Hulk #1 6.0 WP!

2) DC 100 Page Super-Spectacular #4 Classic Wrightson Cover 9.4

3) Captain Aero Comics #26 Classic LB Cole Sci-fi Cover 6.5

4) Marvel Mystery Comics #46 Classic Schomburg Hitler Cover ??

5) Suspense Comics #8 Classic LB Cole cover 4.5

Click on the thumb-nails for full-size pics!

hulk1_thumb.jpgdc494_thumb.jpg captainaero26_thumb.jpg mm46_thumb.jpg suspense8_thumb.jpg

Hey Doc, that's what Im talkin about!!! Great Books!! Love your collection!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Thanks... cloud9.gif

I read all the time how mid-grade books are such duds - "Too high/expensive for the collectors/readers and too low-grade for the investors", but after migrating from a completionist to predominantly a cover collector, I love 'em! An accurately graded fine looks "brand new" to a non-comic collector, and if it has good color and no glaring front cover defects, I'm all over it... thumbsup2.gif

Banner,

I think those 6.0's for keys such as this just rock. I also think that as the top grade ones continue to increase in value by leaps and bounds each year so do these mid grade gems. The recent rash of AF#15, JIM #83 and even the latest FF#1 6.0 on Comiclink are nice looking books and they are getting snatched up quickly at full price. If I can find a nice Hulk #1, 6.0 like yours I'm going to buy it for sure. You are 100% correct about the lure of a nice clean 6.0 book. thumbsup2.gif

The question is, what sort of wrestling tapes?

I'm partial to WRESTLING WOMEN VS THE AZTEV MUMMY. Also Santo and The Blue Demon!

lol! No, no, not wrestling movies. I've never seen an El Santo movie, but he was quite the star, from what I understand. And to my knowledge, no picture exists of him without his mask. He was even buried wearing it!

Anyway, what kind of wrestling...what kind of wrestling tapes do you THINK it would take to wrest an Avengers #4 from someone's grasp??? smile.gif And notice that I traded COPIES of them - I still have the my copies (and yes, he knew he was getting copies, that was part of the trade agreement)!! smile.gif Once in a lifetime trade, I'm sure.