• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two-Gun Kid #60 - the forgotten key?
2 2

147 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2016 at 10:54 AM, EwanUK said:

I think I wasn't clear

The fact that the hand-written "60" WASN'T changed adds credance to the view that both the UK and USA copies were printed at the same time. Surely if the USA were sending stats across the pond, the time delay would allow such things to be fixed?

The USA & UK copies are indentical in size and conent apart from price and date

In most copies, the indicia has extra distribution text added (as above)

There are anomalies both ways to this, some copies are cents with the added indicia

Some don't have the indicia text at all

These pence priced variants are totally different from UK versions of USA comics like those published by Alan Class, L Miller etc

ANYWAY, I didn't want to hijack this thread into the USA/ UK debate

Two-Gun Kid is a very cool book! I think much rarer than people think!

Correct. They printed these at the same time as the US copies and sent over to the UK what became known as the UK variant. They not only changed the price but had to leave off the month because of long journey times. Those were the days when "shipping" meant just that.

Even as recently as the 80s when I had a subscription to Comic Buyers Guide they used to arrive on average 6 to 8 weeks after they were mailed (and they never came singly each week even though that was how they were sent, but in bunches and never in sequential order). 

An ok copy recently sold for $80. I would have gone for that. The two slabs on eBay are priced like silver age keys. So this thread sucked me into the rabbit hole of looking at marvel westerns on eBay for 45 minutes. Decent looking 10 cent marvels for $20-30 are appealing for issues earlier than this, except they aren't the same character as we see in modern marvel continuity. I guess kid Colts are also an option, except two gun is a bit more involved in modern marvel. Other than maybe patsy Walker it isn't easy to find 10 cent marvels at that price point where the character exists in modern continuity. This makes these westerns different than so many "dead" western titles, the characters are still around. I wish marvel did more back-up stories to keep some of their obscure characters relevant.

On 6/4/2018 at 9:24 PM, KirbyJack said:

I can only imagine that the cover’s original number was wrong, and a last-minute, hand written change was plan B.

Perhaps they were going with issue 1 until someone reminded them it was a continuation and hence the last minute change?

3 hours ago, the blob said:

An ok copy recently sold for $80. I would have gone for that. The two slabs on eBay are priced like silver age keys. So this thread sucked me into the rabbit hole of looking at marvel westerns on eBay for 45 minutes. Decent looking 10 cent marvels for $20-30 are appealing for issues earlier than this, except they aren't the same character as we see in modern marvel continuity. I guess kid Colts are also an option, except two gun is a bit more involved in modern marvel. Other than maybe patsy Walker it isn't easy to find 10 cent marvels at that price point where the character exists in modern continuity. This makes these westerns different than so many "dead" western titles, the characters are still around. I wish marvel did more back-up stories to keep some of their obscure characters relevant.

Thanks I agree👍

29 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Way cool!

Kinda miss mine; maybe I’ll dive back in one day!

Do! 

Check out the Kirby's in my Miller thread Jack if you get a mo :headbang:

Edited by Get Marwood & I
Miller fillers are killer 😃

1 minute ago, Dave2739 said:

Hey @Get Marwood & I, are those recent acquisitions? I thought you already had a those pence copies of Two-Gun 60. Regardless, it's cool to see pence copies of the "first" few issues.

One 60 is indeed old, but the other one and the 61 and 62 are new in :)