• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cheetah and His Everything Journal

1,085 posts in this topic

At 10 books a day, it will only take two years.

I have gone back and forth for a while about setting up a journal to document my graded collection of books. Sometimes it seems like a good idea, sometimes it feels like over-exposure. After spending the weekend scanning three boxes of books, I decided it seemed silly to go to all that effort for the files to just sit on my hard drive and collect e-dust. So I have decided I would start this thing and try to post 10 books a day till I am out of books or out of scans, whichever comes first. I may throw a couple of other things in the mix every now and then. Feel free to comment or chat.

Where to start? I've got modern, copper, bronze, silver, atomic and gold books. Some I've posted and some I haven't. I've got scans of all my dearly-departed Avengers but I'll save those for much later.

I guess I will start with a title I only started recently but have picked up a number of really excellent issues. Top-Notch Comics by MLJ Magazines, the same folks who brought us Archie and Jughead. This one is #7, just two issues before they premiered the Black Hood (more on that one later).

Top-notch7.jpg

And to round out the day, Etta Kett 11. This was a four issue comic started in 1948 by Best Books. I got this one from Brian Peets at A-1 Comics through Jay/Zzzutak here on the boards. It is a double cover copy, which means it is very obscure, very high grade, very very cool.

EttaKett11CV.jpg

Not what i collect but it was really cool to see all those comics. I remember when my father was thinking about opening a comic book shop he picked up an Overstreet's price guide and I loved to look through the book at covers i have ever seen before. this rekindled some of that childlike glee.

Thank you

You are welcome. By the time I am done (assuming I really ever get done), I'm sure I will have covered everything from early GA to books that came out in the last month or two.

:applause: Pretty sweet start with a nine comic run from the Church collection.

Don't leave out the Central Valleys. They may be pretty obscure or unpopular titles but the quality of the books and the beautiful brightness of their pages is really spectacular!