• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st appearance of The Maxx
3 3

464 posts in this topic

Darker Image #1 CGC 9.8 SS is currently up to $312 with 12 bids. Very cool book. It's actually beating the Maxx 1/2 Redd that I posted a couple of days ago. (thumbs u
I thought both books went pretty cheap. (shrug)

I bid on the B&W up to $300 and I already have one. I figured once I got knocked out that it would have had some pretty aggressive snipes, but it never moved again. You just never know. Someone got a tasty deal, methinks.

:slapfight:
^^

scan0008.jpg

hm Might be time for a group shot.....

Darker Image #1 CGC 9.8 SS is currently up to $312 with 12 bids. Very cool book. It's actually beating the Maxx 1/2 Redd that I posted a couple of days ago. (thumbs u

I bid on the B&W up to $300 and I already have one. I figured once I got knocked out that it would have had some pretty aggressive snipes, but it never moved again. You just never know. Someone got a tasty deal, methinks.

^^

scan0008.jpg

:cloud9:

008-37.jpg

007-40.jpg

006-46.jpg

Guest Grails

^^

scan0008.jpg

:cloud9:

008-37.jpg

007-40.jpg

006-46.jpg

I think I'm going to change my board name to SELLERS REMORSE.

I believe it was wizard #16 the book came out in December 92

Darker Image #1. Period.

Miss Lebowski as well. Got to talk to him a few times, great guy and knowledgeable

4 hours ago, dfx1 said:

Not sure what you are stating, but an wikia can be changed by anyone. All you have to do is create an account. That's the point of them. They are a platform to share and update information easily by the public so you don't have staff trying to do it all and paying them.

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Not sure what you are stating, but an wikia can be changed by anyone. All you have to do is create an account. That's the point of them. They are a platform to share and update information easily by the public so you don't have staff trying to do it all and paying them.

I'm bringing to light the "serious" conspiracy going around about this topic. For fun, you know? To add to a cool topic. It reminds me of the confusion of Pitt's first appearance in Malibu Sun #19, or Spawn in Malibu Sun #13 but on the other side being not true about Maxx.

On 10/6/2018 at 5:08 PM, dfx1 said:

I'm bringing to light the "serious" conspiracy going around about this topic. For fun, you know? To add to a cool topic. It reminds me of the confusion of Pitt's first appearance in Malibu Sun #19, or Spawn in Malibu Sun #13 but on the other side being not true about Maxx.

Yes, definitely a conspiracy. It's second on the list behind the JFK assassination.

On 10/6/2018 at 8:03 AM, ygogolak said:

Indeed, wiki is the diki. :grin:

Heck, you can list a book on feebay, change the wiki to "FIRST" appearance, and run to the bank!:roflmao:

Edited by divad

On 10/6/2018 at 2:08 PM, dfx1 said:

There is no confusion about Pitt or Spawn's first appearances: they are in the first issue of Pitt and Spawn, respectively. A claim could be made about Pitt #1 ashcan, but until definitive proof comes out about which was published first...and Image was a hot mess in those days...then Pitt #1 is it.

Malibu Sun is a preview publication, and does not contain any first appearances. The only confusion involving those is by people who own those issues, and wish to sell them for $$$, by confusing people who don't know any better into believing they are something they are not.

The issue with Malibu Sun and Pitt/Spawn could not be any more different from Primer #5. Primer #5 is a comic book, containing a character, in sequential art format, created by Sam Kieth called "Max the hare", which is not....currently, mind you....the same character as the Maxx. 

This was a book (Darker Image) I used to see 20 copies of in 50 cent boxes, not long ago, and I would take a pass despite loving the character and Kieth's art. I don't see that anymore. I do see Maxx 1s occasionally. I'd think the SS getting $300+ is more about it being really hard to get Kieth's signature? The book should still be easy to find in 9.8, no?

21 minutes ago, the blob said:

This was a book (Darker Image) I used to see 20 copies of in 50 cent boxes, not long ago, and I would take a pass despite loving the character and Kieth's art. I don't see that anymore. I do see Maxx 1s occasionally. I'd think the SS getting $300+ is more about it being really hard to get Kieth's signature? The book should still be easy to find in 9.8, no?

No. Bagged, and every copy will exhibit the heat seal seam to one degree or another that has to be pressed out.

Isn't that the funniest of ironies...?

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

No. Bagged, and every copy will exhibit the heat seal seam to one degree or another that has to be pressed out.

Isn't that the funniest of ironies...?

X-Force 1 and countless others don't have a similar affliction?