• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st appearance of The Maxx
3 3

464 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, the blob said:
1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

No. Bagged, and every copy will exhibit the heat seal seam to one degree or another that has to be pressed out.

Isn't that the funniest of ironies...?

X-Force 1 and countless others don't have a similar affliction?

Yes, they do.

25 minutes ago, the blob said:

Do they make a press necessary to make it a 9.8 or do they just make the # of unpressed 9.8s smaller than one would assume?

I have never seen a "bagged" book, that had a heat seal, that didn't have some sort of indentation on the back cover that would have prevented a 9.8 straight out of the bag, and I have owned thousands of bagged comics (including a full case...150 copies....of Darker Image #1 Gold, all bagged, all of which had some level of indentation on the back cover.)

The number of unpressed 9.8s coming out of a bagged comic more than a few days or weeks after production is, in my estimation, so small as to be statistically null. Any such book, outside of the few that were unbagged immediately upon publication (and maybe not even then), and preserved properly, would need a press to achieve 9.8.

18 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I have never seen a "bagged" book, that had a heat seal, that didn't have some sort of indentation on the back cover that would have prevented a 9.8 straight out of the bag, and I have owned thousands of bagged comics (including a full case...150 copies....of Darker Image #1 Gold, all bagged, all of which had some level of indentation on the back cover.)

The number of unpressed 9.8s coming out of a bagged comic more than a few days or weeks after production is, in my estimation, so small as to be statistically null. Any such book, outside of the few that were unbagged immediately upon publication (and maybe not even then), and preserved properly, would need a press to achieve 9.8.

Okeedoke, interesting.