• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Help with Phoenix Comic Con Submissions' (renamed)

11 posts in this topic

So i pm'd a guy on the site already but thought i throw this out to everyone else. Oh im new here love the view great forum. Im going to first con i want to get a few things signed through sig series. For instance id like john layman to sign a few but i want them witnessed do i go to the cgc booth and drag a employee away. I know they have to be witnessed by a cgc employee or by someone who is certifed by cgc to witness is that right? Just looking for some insight and dont want to be seen as a total newbie when going. So some pointers some help thanks Jeremy

Welcome to the boards!

The CGC people are very friendly at the booths. Just go up to the booth and speak with them and they will guide you through the process. You can also get with one of the CAW's working the particular show as that information is not generally hard to track down. Shoot the member a private message here on the boards and arrange things with them early if you want to have the best bet of getting things done smoothly.

Have fun! Kiss all your free money goodbye.... yellow fever... :cry:

If I were you I might rename this thread to 'Help with Phoenix Comic Con Submissions'

That should narrow down the guys who would be able to help you with that show!

-Jake

not to hijack the thread but what does someone like Desert Wind generally charge to felicitate a book signing? I tried looking on their site but their prices haven't been posted due to CGC price increase. It doesn't have to be precise either.

Thanks,

If I were you I might rename this thread to 'Help with Phoenix Comic Con Submissions'

-Jake

not to hijack the thread but what does someone like Desert Wind generally charge to felicitate a book signing? I tried looking on their site but their prices haven't been posted due to CGC price increase. It doesn't have to be precise either.

Thanks,

Think there is some price guide. I think its just a few bucks per book maybe like $40 for moderns. Sorry if I am wrong I am sure Chandler can post or PM you though next time he checks the boards.

if you are going to the con, go directly to the CGC booth early in the show. Don't pay extra if you are going to be there. Make sure you prep your books using the thread stickied at the top.

-Jake

Thanks,

Think there is some price guide. I think its just a few bucks per book maybe like $40 for moderns. Sorry if I am wrong I am sure Chandler can post or PM you though next time he checks the boards.

Thanks, I haven't been to a convention in years and was thinking about this option.