• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unofficial "Let's Raise $1,000 for Hero Initiative cause it's Christmas" Thread

22 posts in this topic

I was just sitting here watching A Christmas Carol...getting inspired by Scrooge haha

I thought if we all donated a book or two to this thread...maybe we could raise $1,000 (I thought I'd set a goal :) ) for Hero Initiative by midnight Christmas New Years Eve California time. I don't work for them or anything.... I just love this hobby which wouldn't be here without the people they support...- well - you all know the rest..but I imagine there are probably a few people out there that could use our help.

I thought we could all list a $10 to $20 book (or higher if you can afford it) and quickly raise some $ for them. I will post the current total here

AVAILABLE BOOKS SO FAR!

SELLER, BOOKS LISTED AND PRICE

Warren Oates

GS Invaders 1 about a VG/FN

ASM 16 ragged well read, complete though G-

Marvel Spotlight 6 about VG/FN

Spectacular 2 about VF+

Triple Action 12 & 14 about VF+

...and just added - Hero for Hire #15 in VG-FN!

All for $45 Shipped!

spillred

Buzzy #8 VFish $35 SOLD!!

Buzzy #17 Looks great! $15 SOLD!!

Exciting Comics Fine+ $65

paperheart

Marvel Comics Presents 9.8 (Highest Grade ) $40

ivegotneatstuff

Signed History of DC Universe $35 SOLD!!

Four Color #317 $10

Batman #251 (Joker Cover/Neal Adams) $75

TOTAL FOR SALE $225

CURRENT AMOUNT RAISED

Timely - $50 !

Spider-Dan - $25 !

sckao $50 !

Ivegotneatstuff - $10 !

skypinkblue - $50 !

TOTAL RAISED SO FAR - $185 :banana:

I thought perhaps we could just send the payment for any books and shipping costs directly to Hero initiative.. (PayPal donation link is on their home page) and post the proof of donation on this thread..as payment. We will have to use the "trust" system here - and if a Hero Initiative rep is out there..perhaps they could confirm the payments in the end and should a boardie "fake" a payment, they would be tarred, feathered and shunned on the boards for the rest of eternity - haha

tar.jpg

Sellers would provide the books and pay for shipping costs - in this case perhaps Media Mail or First Class would be acceptable to buyers - Buyers pay for book/item - and shipping too if they want to do a sort of matching funds scenario. Once paid, post the proof of PayPal payment/donation here before book is shipped. Once posted, I will update the total at the beginning of the thread!

http://www.heroinitiative.org/

I'll start it off with a few books - beginning with

History of the DC Universe

#908 out of 1,000

Signed by Marv Wolfman and George Perez

Never read - dust cover has slight marks

(I know this isn't "Golden to Bronze Age" material..but I thought it OK because of the nature of the thread)

$35

img385.jpg

signed.jpg

I just made a $50 donation to Hero Initiative (but I'd like to say it was made for HesDeadJim because I've been extremely tardy in sending something out to him...) :sorry:

:acclaim:

History of the DC Universe

#908 out of 1,000

Signed by Marv Wolfman and George Perez

Never read - dust cover has slight marks

(I know this isn't "Golden to Bronze Age" material..but I thought it OK because of the nature of the thread)

$35

img385.jpg

signed.jpg

:takeit:

Thanks so much for doing this, what a great idea. I've wanted to start a charity or sunshine thread but some things came up and I never got to work on it, so nice that you thought of this idea...something positive:)

I'm going to send them $50, paypal receipt coming up.

Great idea! Click on covers for larger views

Buzzy #8, $35 SOLD to Timely - Thank you for your donation!

Structurally a VF, with spine bump and minor creases. Small 1/4 stain?smudge? on back cover probably keeps technical grade down. BONE WHITE pages, feels like a pedigree book.

th_790672363_buzzy8_122_816lo.jpg

Buzzy #17, $15 SOLD to Timely - Thank you for your donation!

Tanning covers, cream to off-white page quality

th_790673273_buzzy17_122_473lo.jpg

Exciting Comics #61 Canadian Edition $65

36 pages front to back....grades about FINE+, nice book with some spine stresses, 3 creases on LFC that don't show up in scan.

th_790675205_exciting61_122_583lo.jpg

Post :takeit: here on boards and then confirm your purchase with screenshot of payment to Heroes Initiative and they're yours! Shipping included to USA destinations only.

Buzzy #8, $35

Structurally a VF, with spine bump and minor creases. Small 1/4 stain?smudge? on back cover probably keeps technical grade down. BONE WHITE pages, feels like a pedigree book.

Buzzy #17, $15

Post :takeit: here on boards and then confirm your purchase with screenshot of payment to Heroes Initiative and they're yours! Shipping included to USA destinations only.

Buzzy #8, $35

Buzzy #17, $15

heroiniti-1.jpg