• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dale Roberts Comics After Christmas Sale! LAST CALL!

431 posts in this topic

Everyone listed above has exclusive bidding rights for the first 24 hours.

This is dumb. I would think you would be better served by pm'ing your previous buyers with a list of books you plan to sell. You're just going to alienate potential new customers. I don't like the idea of viewing books I am unable to buy. rantrant

This is dumb. I would think you would be better served by pm'ing your previous buyers with a list of books you plan to sell. You're just going to alienate potential new customers. I don't like the idea of viewing books I am unable to buy. rantrant

And I've bought books from you in the past... just not from your most recent sales thread.

(shrug)

And I've bought books from you in the past... just not from your most recent sales thread.

(shrug)

Ditto..... :whatev:

(shrug)

It's Dale's thread - he can set up his regulations in whatever fashion he wants as long as he's within the Board's limiting rules. Interesting marketing strategy - using the reverse Groucho Marx technique...

(shrug)

It's Dale's thread - he can set up his regulations in whatever fashion he wants as long as he's within the Board's limiting rules. Interesting marketing strategy - using the reverse Groucho Marx technique...

I'm not knocking his rules at all. Sorry I started it. But I can wait 24 hours. I missed that part. :makepoint:

(shrug)

That's true, he can. But at the same time, why go public and alienate buyers ? I have bought from him in the past, as many of us have....but I guess it's a case of "what have you done for me lately ?"

As someone else posted, he could have PM people a list and give them a window before posting.

(shrug)

"I'd never join a club that would exclude someone like me from membership"?

Sorry, nothing personal. All this was listed in the previous thread. I had books listed as cheaply as $4.00 in the thread. And some of them were even discounted.

(shrug)

Actually the quote is " I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member !"......

I love that joke !

"I'd never want to join a club that would exclude someone like me from membership"?

Sorry, nothing personal. All this was listed in the previous thread. I had books listed as cheaply as $4.00 in the thread. And some of them were even discounted.

just because they were cheap doesnt mean they were any im interested in collecting

(shrug)

That's true, he can. But at the same time, why go public and alienate buyers ? I have bought from him in the past, as many of us have....but I guess it's a case of "what have you done for me lately ?"

As someone else posted, he could have PM people a list and give them a window before posting.

Nothing like that at all. This was in the initial post of the previous thread. Anyone who wanted to purchase from this thread simply had to purchase a book, any book, as cheaply as $3.00 (after discount) from the previous thread.

It is no kind of penalty to the people that didn't buy. It is simply a big thank you to the people who bought books from my previous thread where I sold 700 books to about 70 different people.

Didn't have any idea that people would take it personally, but it is what it is. It has been promised to them already, and will go as planned.

Guess this is my version of the preview night.