• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dale Roberts Comics After Christmas Sale! LAST CALL!

431 posts in this topic

Everyone listed above has exclusive bidding rights for the first 24 hours.

This is dumb. I would think you would be better served by pm'ing your previous buyers with a list of books you plan to sell. You're just going to alienate potential new customers. I don't like the idea of viewing books I am unable to buy. rantrant

And I've bought books from you in the past... just not from your most recent sales thread.

(shrug)

Ditto..... :whatev:

It's Dale's thread - he can set up his regulations in whatever fashion he wants as long as he's within the Board's limiting rules. Interesting marketing strategy - using the reverse Groucho Marx technique...

"I'd never join a club that would exclude someone like me from membership"?

Actually the quote is " I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member !"......

I love that joke !

Yep, I'm familiar with the quote. My intent was to reverse its point, as suggested by the previous post.

This is dumb. I would think you would be better served by pm'ing your previous buyers with a list of books you plan to sell. You're just going to alienate potential new customers. I don't like the idea of viewing books I am unable to buy. rantrant

Sorry, nothing personal. All this was listed in the previous thread. I had books listed as cheaply as $4.00 in the thread. And some of them were even discounted.

just because they were cheap doesnt mean they were any im interested in collecting

Look on the bright side: Maybe there won't be any tonight you're interested in...

Sorry, nothing personal. All this was listed in the previous thread. I had books listed as cheaply as $4.00 in the thread. And some of them were even discounted.

just because they were cheap doesnt mean they were any im interested in collecting

You can just exclude Dale on your next selling thread. And people with red hair, midgets, and the Amish mennonites.

Look on the bright side: Maybe there won't be any tonight you're interested in...

I sure hope there will be, ill be a vulture to this thing counting down the hours and minutes until i can buy

Isn't this the sort of threadkrapping that everyone rails against? hm

But then again what would the CGC boards be without complaining...

tumblr_ljkzov0Ncp1qgsrigo1_500.jpg

:shudder:

Its okay. Not anyone's fault, other than mine. Hopefully everyone will find something they want, and it will be available when the time comes.

Its okay. Not anyone's fault, other than mine. Hopefully everyone will find something they want, and it will be available when the time comes.

Having a buyers only special is not uncommon on the boards. It draws people to the thread and encourages the first purchase, after the first, it's easier to just have books thrown into the pile. It's a good way to get sales. I'm surprised about the reaction. The thread was going on for like 3 weeks and was over 2000 pages if I remember correctly. I buy a lot on the boards and I appreciate Dale keeping his word and offering some great books. (thumbs u