• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fangoria

103 posts in this topic

On 3/12/2018 at 12:23 AM, tv horror said:

Over the years I've had my horn tooted now it's my turn to toot my own horn, I just hope my spine does not snap from old age? Here I am on the cover of a few Fangoria related mags.

download.jpg.a466870378ccf1c7114fb582d8433e70.jpg5aa600b73bdba_download(1).jpg.f619b1b50971b00ccf41ecf561f5019a.jpg

Ewwww these are life like corpses?

On 3/11/2018 at 11:23 PM, tv horror said:

Over the years I've had my horn tooted now it's my turn to toot my own horn, I just hope my spine does not snap from old age? Here I am on the cover of a few Fangoria related mags.

download.jpg.a466870378ccf1c7114fb582d8433e70.jpg5aa600b73bdba_download(1).jpg.f619b1b50971b00ccf41ecf561f5019a.jpg

I remember when you used to have a TV show. 

On 24/03/2018 at 2:33 PM, FoggyNelson said:

Ewwww these are life like corpses?

I've never been so insulted in all my looooooong life "Life like corpse!" I didn't mention your beer gut or flame red hair?:)

images.jpg.cf4296223afe8046e39f5f4783e16e96.jpg

On 3/9/2018 at 8:04 PM, tv horror said:

Fangoria was a great magazine and I have every issue they ever printed until their last 344 Elvira cover this issue is proving to be one of the rarest issues along with some of the one off specials . It's nice to hear it will return from the dead so to speak. 

51i7YRNcMML.jpg.776aaa4e41c880fc0608d6663ef8bd22.jpg

I checked out issue 344 and it is a brisk seller on ebay for $30.00‼️

There is word that it might be coming back. I have the full set and strangely the last two issues were the hardest to get as they were not sold in the U.K as I had a standing order, issue 344 Elvia cover cost me $60 on Ebay and $20 for shipping. For that type of money I was hoping for a double D or I mean 3D cover.:smile:

2 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

I checked out issue 344 and it is a brisk seller on ebay for $30.00‼️

On 4/23/2018 at 8:31 PM, tv horror said:

There is word that it might be coming back. I have the full set and strangely the last two issues were the hardest to get as they were not sold in the U.K as I had a standing order, issue 344 Elvia cover cost me $60 on Ebay and $20 for shipping. For that type of money I was hoping for a double D or I mean 3D cover.:smile:

That stinks you have pay so much for postage as the magazine?

Edited by FoggyNelson

I am back on the Fangoria wagon-- Been quietly buying the odd high grade issue (which has been a real chore to find anything in the 9.4 and up range) so many people just outright lie about condition. I am stunned at how many people call a fango near mint when it would be lucky to be a Fine plus to VF minus. But yesterday i scored something that has taken me 5 years to find in the wild... A truly Near Mint copy of The Bloody Best Of Fangoria. They aren't worth much at all and I have considered at least 30 over the past few years and finally found a copy that met my goals. The black cover added to Fangoria's horrible and cheap printing practises in the 80's makes finding a good spine next to impossible. I have picked up a few big books over the years for my comic collection but this piddly little 12 dollar issue has got to be the one that made me the happiest to finally find after all these years. Now to dig up a pristine issue 15 and 22-- anyone? lol

So if anyone has any or knows any dealers/collectors with  NM or better copies of Fango pre issue 90, I would love to hear about it. Thanks in advance.

image1.jpeg

Edited by bronzejunkie

Hi All,

I am new here. Apologies if this is inappropriate or the wrong place to get some help. Please advise as necessary :-) 

My brother had a collection of Fangoria magazines from the 80's and my family want to sell this collection as he has died and none of us care to keep it. We think he would have read them but apart from that I think the condition is outstanding overall. The magazines have lived in a drawer or box for a very long time. He kept each one is in a plastic sleeve and he seems to have kept all the inserts etc, but I have to say I could not be sure, being unfamiliar with what ought be there. Knowing him he would have left it all intact.

He has from Issue number 1 through to 83 but number 63 is missing. There is also a Fangoria Postcard Magazine and Issues 1 - 4 and 6 of the Bloody Best of Fangoria.  I sure do wonder what happened to 63 and that 5th of the BB! The editions were the ones that were sold in Australia, I am unsure if that was different to other editions.

My message here is to canvas ideas of the best way to sell these and to also get a notion of the value. Happy to learn and hope to hear from anyone who is interested to respond

Cheers