• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will CGC Listen?

126 posts in this topic

I am bothered because I had a book returned to me that never should have dropped in grade. It was a copy of X-Men/Alpha Flight issue #2. I bought it as a 9.8 and sent it in to get signed. It received a 9.4. How did a modern age book drop that far? ....

My other problem is my Wolverine #10. It still bothers me. When I saw the grade, I was OK with it. I understand that a book could be marred during signing, but how did the spine roll happen. ....

This is akin to a mother knowing which identical twin is which. My copy of Wolverine was flawless. The spine was as tight as any CGC 9.8, even tighter. Dare I say it looked just as good as My New Mutants #1 in a 9.9? ....

I felt elated that a book of mine was graded a 9.8, a book that I had since my youth. Then I chanced it. I wanted a signature. Was it greed? I don't think so. It was my book, my treasure. But the book was mishandled or mislabeled and the wrong book was sent to me.

Perhaps a 9.8 to 9.4 could happen during a signing.

But a spine roll?

How was the book submitted? Did it need to be taken out of the bag to be signed? Was all of your contact information written on the backing board?